Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Business that cater to a particular industry,

Wild Gene

I hate it when you approach a business, that caters specifically to your particular need, and they act like they are doing you a favor by even being there! I called in a special order the other day, and I was so pissed after I got off the phone, I called back the next business day and cancelled the order and payment. It would have not shipped or any work begin for quite some time, so I didn't put them on the spot, but cripes. When I called to cancell, and they asked why, I simply stated that I was no longer interested, and when they pushed it, to the point of being rude, I told them because they were rude when I made the order, and they were rude right now!

I did the same thing one other time, and trust me, it takes a lot to get me really fired up. Those guys lost $30K over a $150 dollar, charge to come out and move their truck out of my way. They left it there and said they would be right back to finish the job and if I needed the truck moved they would come move it, and almost two weeks passed, and they didn't come finish the job, so I asked if they could please come move their truck. They come over and moved the truck and presented me with a bill for $150 to move it. I just finished paying them $4,500 to do the work they had done so far! When they mailed me the bill, I said fine, come take your truck off my place, you are finished here. I then promptly paid then their $150 and had someone else come finish my project.

This first deal just made me think about the second. I hate backing out, on anything! But don't screw with me, don't act superior or condescending, treat me the way you want to be treated. I figured they were treating me how they wanted to be treated, so I reciprocated.

WG

+1, That's what I like so much about the shooting community. The majority of businesses are small businesses owned by shooters or former shooters. They know what it's like to need quality stuff in a hurry. When something breaks they either fix it or send u free replacement parts. I wish the world would take a lesson from this group. Examples I've dealt with: Dillon (B.E.), Shooters Connection, Rudy Project (B.E.), Montana Gold, just to name a few.

You did right. No ifs, ands or buts.

I know a lot of folks who would put up with it. I know a few who would walk away. And I know only a very few who would tell the jerks why they just lost your business. IMHO, the last is the way to go.

I'm just trying to be helpful - there's still a one in a million chance that somebody higher up in the organization will ream the offenders a new body orifice, but if not, when their lousy business model puts them in the toilet, at least they'll know why... :cheers:

Tip o' the hat to you. Seriously. Don't embolden idiots.

Too many people take too much crap from businesses because they don't want to cause a commotion or think it's not worth it.

You were actually very kind to let them know why they lost business - that way they can take corrective action in the future. :cheers:

I think it's a sign that our markets are insufficiently competitive when this happens (on either side).

i agree 100%, Unfortunately, I see it more than i would like in our industry, as suppliers/manufacturers are aware there are backlogs and shortages of various components and know full well that your options are very limited as a consumer for large orders of some items. I'm seeing this specifically with a bullet manufacturer and it pisses me off to no end. If I could take my business elsewhere, I certainly would, but in the end my options are few:angry: