Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 14 shot bull pup pump

mark carr

I believe this is the same shotgun, but you should probably read this… http://gunnuts.net/2011/01/20/kel-tec-ksg-shotgun-video/

Just returned from SHOT where I played with the new Keltec shotgun too, and I noticed the exact same thing! The trigger would not reset!! You had to be completely off the trigger when cycling the action. Wow, I really do hope they iron that out before production.

Another concern with the weapon is that we all know how important loading is to running a shotgun. The mag tubes are buried way up high in a chasm in the rear receiver. You'd have to be a veteran proctologist to load this thing quickly. Shoot 14, then discard and transition... ;)

Must say it was a big hit, lots of traffic in the Keltec booth.

I believe this is the same shotgun, but you should probably read this… http://gunnuts.net/2011/01/20/kel-tec-ksg-shotgun-video/

Just returned from SHOT where I played with the new Keltec shotgun too, and I noticed the exact same thing! The trigger would not reset!! You had to be completely off the trigger when cycling the action. Wow, I really do hope they iron that out before production.

Another concern with the weapon is that we all know how important loading is to running a shotgun. The mag tubes are buried way up high in a chasm in the rear receiver. You'd have to be a veteran proctologist to load this thing quickly. Shoot 14, then discard and transition... ;)

Must say it was a big hit, lots of traffic in the Keltec booth.

Also hoping they will fix the trigger issue.

Thinking from a home defense situation, this could be ideal. 99% of the time you are not going to have extra ammo on you in a home defense situation other than what is on the gun. This gives you 14 shots at the bad guy, most of the time you should not need more than that. Find a way to throw a side saddle on it and you have even more ammo. Plus it is short and easy to manuver. imho.

• 1 month later...

As noted here, there will be a trigger reset in the production guns.

Also, the pump lock switch will be improved, a hand-stop mounted for the fore hand, and indicator holes drilled in the tops of the tubes, so you can see when you're low on ammo. It'll also take 3" shells, but that reduces the capacity by 1 per tube. Rumors are that it may include an auto-switch when one tube runs dry, but that may not be available in all states.

MSRP is around $880, and it should be available later this year.

I have a Kel-Tec RFB (forward-ejecting bullpup in 7.62 NATO that uses FAL mags). It's about the same dimensions, and is much more manageable than a long gun in a house or other tight environment. Take a yardstick, cut off 6", and grab it just behind the new centerpoint, and you'll see what I mean.

As noted here, there will be a trigger reset in the production guns.

Also, the pump lock switch will be improved, a hand-stop mounted for the fore hand, and indicator holes drilled in the tops of the tubes, so you can see when you're low on ammo. It'll also take 3" shells, but that reduces the capacity by 1 per tube. Rumors are that it may include an auto-switch when one tube runs dry, but that may not be available in all states.

MSRP is around $880, and it should be available later this year.

I have a Kel-Tec RFB (forward-ejecting bullpup in 7.62 NATO that uses FAL mags). It's about the same dimensions, and is much more manageable than a long gun in a house or other tight environment. Take a yardstick, cut off 6", and grab it just behind the new centerpoint, and you'll see what I mean.

It actually looks like the trigger reset will be fixed for the production models. I remembered reading an article about it on cheaper than dirt... Here is the link: http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=6822

I don't see how this could offer any advantage in 3-gun, but it would make a heck of a nice truck gun or home defense shotgun provided it works properly.

An auto tube switch when you run one dry would be a big upgrade IMO. The trigger reset issue must be fixed, but it sounds like they are already on that.

I think in a match scenario any standard pump or semi can be shot and reloaded faster, as it looks like this would be tricky to load quickly. I think counting for your slug shots (or loading them just prior) is probably faster too so long as you don't screw up.

I really want to just buy this, and figure out what to do with it afterward...

I'm thinking about breaking it out on the skeet field with all the old guys in leather padded shirts... :devil:

They don't like it when you show up with anything but a fancy over under or sxs. :devil:

I think one guy almost had a stroke once when he saw me shooting trap with my SLP. :lol: