Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger group for STI

mwx40x40

How wide is Ed Browns Wide Ambi safety, is it IPSC box legal? The max height in the box is 45mm.

According to Brownell's

Product SPECS: Blued or S/S .986" (25.04mm) long x .276" (7.03mm) wide contact surface. Gunsmith fitting required.

I've fit a handful of them. I always blend them a bit (dremel and/or file). If it was too wide, you could just take some material off.

I’ve bought a C&S kit and the new SVI triglide kit and I will definitely be going the SVI route in the future. The triglide system works very well and the price is good compared to the C&S kits. And it comes with the titanium sear spring.

I just fit an SVI thumb safety and am liking it too. My STi safety was garbage. I also have an ed brown that has worked very well for me. My next thumb safety will be an SVI though.

I'm a little bummed the EGW ultimate trigger kIt is gone. It's so much easier to order it all together.i also wish I could order my SV trigger parts from chuck too, so now I just don't use the SV trigger system, and go with gunsmith blank STI trigger, bow and the EB steel strut.& sear spring in the stainless completion kit, with the steel MS Cap and mainspring too. I'm not much for polishing ti trigger bows & bending Ti struts. EGW xball disco and hard sear is sweet perfection. I too like the C&S & brazos kits. Bobs is virtually drop in and 2 lb crisp w factory STI strut and bow.

I was also looking at the Brazos kit that many people talking about here.

I have already bought Infinity XQB1 hammer, will this hammer work as great as the hammer in the Brazos kit with the same set up?

I was thinking about maybe buy all the parts in the set separate and keep the SVI hammer.

I could see the Brazos kit had tuned parts inside, the tuning done on these parts is that a job a good gunsmith normally can do as good as the kit?

I could buy the complete kit, but then I have wasted 80$ on a hammer I will not use.

Any experience or thoughts?

The hammer and sear are a tuned set in the Brazos kit. You could buy the kit and sell the hammer in the classifieds. A good smith can give you whatever trigger job you want. As long as you provide good parts.

The hammer and sear are a tuned set in the Brazos kit. You could buy the kit and sell the hammer in the classifieds. A good smith can give you whatever trigger job you want. As long as you provide good parts.

Can the SVI Tri-Glide system be used together with the BCG Pro series trigger group?

Should then the Sear spring from the BCG kit or SVI kit be used?

Will it work with all the parts from BCG kit, and use the SVI tri-glide trigger and SVI tri-glide disconnector?