Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good starter gun

Arisaka99

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

180 .40 not good for minor?!? What ever gave you that silly idea???

The fact that at 720 fps, the accuracy at 50 yards reeks. A 135 at 1000 is flatter and just as soft, with groups sizes that are less than half of what the 180s at 720 shoot. If you don't shoot past 25 yards, not a big deal. But I am not wanting to zero 50 yards standards stages, and yes we have them.

I wish somebody would have told me that before I shot them at Nationals...maybe I would have got a better plaque than what I did. However, I do recall doing rather well on any shooting beyond 25y. ;)

I know the Glock has way more popularity, but it just didn't fit my hand. I shoot a 5in Springfield XD in 9mm and love it! Glock or XD, whatever fits you the best. Either is a great choice. Good luck in your new hobby. It's a black hole that will suck you in and you'll never get out!

That gets into "straw purchase" territory...which is highly illegal. (and will kill any further discussion here on this forum - Admin.)

Best to be honest with your Mother and find out what her objections might be. Perhaps she just watched A Christmas Story and fears

You might present the idea of practical shooting as an activity that you and your Mother can do together. She likely needs to see that it can be a safe, fun, family activity.

Then just shoot the Berretta. It's a "good starte gun". Much better then the Glock you don't own but want to buy. Mostly because you actually own one and not the other.

Edited by 98sr20ve