Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What chokes do you run? Where is the best place to buy?

ksshooter223

So I took advantage of the $100 off an FNH SLP MK-1. Now I need to find the best price on Briley choke tubes. I would like the extended without the ports. I would like to have almost all chokes someday however for now what are the most used chokes in 3 gun? I also would like to use an optimal choke for slugs and buckshot. CDNN shipped a free Winchester x-full choke which I am not sure what I will use it for but "FREE" is the key word here.

Steveo, have you checked into the poly-chokes' performance? They look like a great idea in theory, but I've read they pattern irregularly.

I've a friend who swears by them,going to give it a go myself and if it doesnt work I'll look into another.

IMHO, you need 3 chokes ; cyl, LM & Full. Cyl if you have a lot of clays or up close stuff. LM works when the stage has a mix of near and far and a full when you are looking at long range poppers.

But the most important thing is to pattern your gun. It is just as important as knowing your rifle zeros.

Thanks guys. I am set on Briley have had great performance with them in the past on other shotguns...love them. The SLP MK1 is Invector. Thanks for the opinions keep them coming.

No problem at all if you are Law Enforcement/Military/ or retired they have a $100 rebate going on until the first of the year. Here is the link

www.fnhusa.com/dsp

Thanks for the input on what chokes are needed. Any experience with the "diffuser" by Briley I believe that's what it is called. Also what is the Spectrum option on these (All briley chokes) at power factor shooting?

Edited by ksshooter223

Thanks for the input on what chokes are needed. Any experience with the "diffuser" by Briley I believe that's what it is called. Also what is the Spectrum option on these (All briley chokes) at power factor shooting?

diffusion choke is a skeet constriction choke that is rifled. Its a great choke, I sell alot of them! Spectrum refers to the color band that goes around the front of the choke for identification. instead of having to read the letters on the choke, you can just go by color to identify your chokes. If you don't have good eyes, it maybe hard to identify an Improved Modified, over a Light modified, Just because the Font on the lettering Make the "I" "L" look almost identical.

I keep 3 chokes in my bag for now. Diffusion, cylinder, and light modified (all Briley). I got a diffusion a few weeks ago. I really like it so far. The pattern seems to open up a lot quicker and stays consistent at distance. It may replace my cylinder choke after I see how it will do with slugs. I was hesitant to put slugs through it but the first 10 or so worked fine. I'm going to keep playing with it. Several guys use it with slugs with no problems.

Sean is the man for the chokes.

Thanks guys. I am set on Briley have had great performance with them in the past on other shotguns...love them. The SLP MK1 is Invector. Thanks for the opinions keep them coming.

No problem at all if you are Law Enforcement/Military/ or retired they have a $100 rebate going on until the first of the year. Here is the link

www.fnhusa.com/dsp

Too bad I am not in Law enforcement or the military. But thank you for the info anyways.

Has anyone ever considered using Wright's Inc. choke tubes for the 3gun game? I have used them exclusively in shooting Trap (Browning BT-99) with amazing results. In my experience they are extremely consistent. They carry Win choke which I assume is the same as Invector?

I am not seeing where i can enter the promo code on the website?

Add something to the shopping cart, it takes you to the cart where there's a place for the coupon code. That's where I put mine in. Can't remember if it is on the checkout page or not. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...