Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Fighter

benos

Saw it last night with my girl (who's from the Boston area) - it was awesome. Christian Bale - holy crap what a performance.

I just learned today that Mark Wahlberg is from Boston, and single handily pushed to make this movie, to pay tribute to the boxer Mickey Ward (from Boston). That info put the movie over the top.

I watched this movie tonight. It was pretty entertaining. I agree with Brian on the performance of Christian Bale. He is able to transform himself into whatever person he is acting. That to me is really impressive. Mark Wahlberg does a good job but he pretty much just plays himself as he does in just about every other movie he is in.

I vote this movie good enough to pay full price and see it in the theater. If you are into these kinds of movies it will be well worth the price of seeing it on the big screen.

Absolutely agree with all said here! Bale is amazing in his scope. What a crazy view of an equally crazy family! It almost makes you feel like a tourist getting to watch the native Boston people in their environment! lol... Kinda has the same vibe as 'The Wrestler' to me. Gritty and sad, but interesting all the same.