Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Central Texas!

Valkyrie

I'm from La Grange TX. Yes, home of the Chicken Ranch (Google it). Not much in the way of matches here locally, but close enough to travel. We have a range here where the Austin Pistol Club used to shoot, but they went back to town. Our range has a good bit of steel, so I'm talking to one of the range officers about trying a steel match of some sort. It was actually his idea on the steel. I've shot IDPA mostly, and the TSCC twice, that's the most I've done other than just practicing made up stages I've seen on the interwebs..............

I couldn't come up with a good name, so I looked around and saw the cover of the movie Valkyrie on a whim! B)

Welcome :) You might see me out at FCGC occasionally, running drills in one of the pistol bays ;) It's still the only range within an hour's drive from my house where I can just show up and practice... :(

Welcome,

I help MD 2 monthly IDPA matches at the Temple Gun Club, Temple TX. We shoot the 1st and 3rd Sundays and we would be glad to have you. There are also matches at the Copperas Cove Pistol Club and Best of the West range.

Zeb

If you get a match going be sure to let me know the day of the month so I can add you to my map. See my map link in my signature line. If you want more than just a local club turn out eventually, pick a good day and a good format for the match and advertise on the TXIPSC mailing list. It's not just for IPSC/USPSA. Finding an empty weekend day without other matches in Central Texas is next to impossible. There are many more matches than just a couple of years ago, and it seems fewer people are driving to matches.