Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First crappy attempt at using my camera

aggunner

Please be kind, this is the first DSLR i've had and I came from a P&S :blink:

I didn't have much time today to really take pictures and shoot as we were pressed for time. This was taken in our indoor range so the lighting is bad at best.

Picked up Adobe LR3 and CS5 and played with one of the pictures and it didn't come out too bad. I'm definately going to have to learn the camera a bit more and shoot in some better light,

I know the area around his arms is washed out but that was due to an over head light

robert.jpg

I like the shot. Looks like a black and white and then painted on the face.

Just like anything, pictures take a lot of practice. You've got a good eye and that helps.

Now shoot up a few thousand shots to get use to the camera.

I've finally taken my camera out after a long layaway. I'll be out tomorrow night trying to take pics of the Christmas lights. My neighborhood looks great. I'll post if they come out good. Makes me want to buy some lights for the house.

I think it is a cool pic...and one that you wouldn't have made with a p&s. Congrats!

Since you've gone off the deep end (buying PS and LR - the best tools) Go ahead and spend $200 on Kelby training.

http://www.kelbytraining.com/

For $200 you get an annual subscription and can play and re-play training session over and over. They have online sessions for photography (~90+ classes), plus tons on LR and PS, etc. I promise this will be the best $200 you spend...I promise. I'm not associated other than being a very happy photog! The best classes initially will be intro to PS and intro to LR. I've been using photoshop for 10 years and I still learn new techniques...don't waste your time stumbling through...get a little training

Even being fairly seasoned as a photog/photoshopper/etc I continually learn from these guys.

Best $200 you will spend - promise!

Please be kind, this is the first DSLR i've had and I came from a P&S :blink:

I didn't have much time today to really take pictures and shoot as we were pressed for time. This was taken in our indoor range so the lighting is bad at best.

Picked up Adobe LR3 and CS5 and played with one of the pictures and it didn't come out too bad. I'm definately going to have to learn the camera a bit more and shoot in some better light,

I know the area around his arms is washed out but that was due to an over head light

robert.jpg

I like. IMO I would not cut the right side I like the way the light/shadow angle leads the eye to the subject. You scan around the picture but that forces your vision back.

P.S. it's good you didn't blink :D

Edited by Powder Finger

thanks for the kind words y'all.

The camera is a 7D with a EF 24-105mm lens and in that shot there was an over head light.

I got to play with the camera a bit more and trying out the new flash

t3.jpg

trp.jpg

Edited by aggunner