Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15Targets Texas State Tactical 2-Gun Match

Email has been sent out with information on sign in times, shooter's meetings, start times, etc etc etc.

Squad info has also been submitted (subject to change).

Stage info can also be found in the email

THE BOTTOM LINE IS MAKE SURE TO READ THE EMAIL goof.gif

stages look like fun! :cheers:

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Gorilla/Josh mentioned an email went out with stage info, squad lists and other useful info.

It is all also listed on the website at www.tx2g.com under the "information" tab.

The squad list is being slightly tweaked every day as more people confirm spots we've been holding and sponsored slots.

We also just got a bunch of AWESOME certificates for classes from TacPro Shooting Center for the prize table!

There is still some more room on Saturday, and the Friday night shoot only has about 10 people in it, so there is still room for a few more people that want to get in on the action!

Edited by AR15TARGETS

Just shy of two weeks and I get to leave this frozen hell hole of a state for some TX fun and gun.

I checked the squad lists and there are 3 guys named Lee at the match and were all on the same squad.

"Lee's the shooter, Lee's on deck and Lee's in the hole"

Who cares. It will still be fun!!! :cheers:

Just shy of two weeks and I get to leave this frozen hell hole of a state for some TX fun and gun.

I checked the squad lists and there are 3 guys named Lee at the match and were all on the same squad.

"Lee's the shooter, Lee's on deck and Lee's in the hole"

Who cares. It will still be fun!!! :cheers:

Haha, we've got "Squad 1" "Squad 2"... "Squad Lee"

As of today, the following rooms are available at the Holiday Inn Express-Georgetown:

Friday

12 King

00 Queen

Saturday

12 King

18 Queen

Sunday

13 King

18 Queen

Note, the negotiated rate is $89, which is the same as their government rate, however, if you book online and prepay, you can get a rate of $76. I'm thrifty and see the savings as more $$ for ammo. :devil:

Stages look awesome! Can't wait!!

Based on the stage descriptions, it's hard to get any idea on the distances. I'm just wondering if there will be 250 and 500 yard shots like the monthly 3 gun matches? I hope so and just wanted to be prepared.

We left the distances off of the stage descriptions because there are a couple of factors that will affect where we can place targets on the long ranges. We basically have two stages that can have shots over 125 yards, with a max of about 485 yards. There will be roughly 2-3 shots at 485 yards, 3-5 at 250 yards, 10-15 under 250 but over 100.

We left the distances off of the stage descriptions because there are a couple of factors that will affect where we can place targets on the long ranges. We basically have two stages that can have shots over 125 yards, with a max of about 485 yards. There will be roughly 2-3 shots at 485 yards, 3-5 at 250 yards, 10-15 under 250 but over 100.

Will the gates to the pasture be closed? Or will there be an extra spotter to watch for cows wandering through the line of fire? :surprise: Don't laugh, it happened, between the 500 and 750 berms (the 240 and 485 yd shots). I stopped a shooter at a monthly match, because cows are 'spensive, and she was directly in the line of fire.

Lee

Would shooting a cow be a 20 or 30 sec penalty??? lmao. I am sure they will have them all put away during the match.

ROFL, its a bonus moving target, you get a years supply of hamburger if you hit it in the A zone!

Actually I've never heard of this problem, however it appears that in the last month or so the gates between the 500 and 750 berms are being left open all the time (Where as before I had to open and close them as I went through them) which leads me to believe that there is no longer any reason to have them closed = no cow issues.

I will DEFINITELY double check this though.

Jeremy & Josh,

Any word on how potential weather issues might be handled. I have been watching the weather, unfortunately, it looks like we might get a bit wet. Was just wondering if the philosophy was going to be shoot no matter what or something else? ;) Trying to make plans for the match.

Thanks in advance for the update.

Regards,

Kyle

typically as 3 gunners we are a very wholesome lot, and shoot in any weather unless it is a safety hazard, like lightning or tornado, bad footing is bad footing. trying to change dates at the last minute is a logistical quagmire, either hold it or cancel it.

a bit wet is fun in the mud, been there many times, have only seen a major match canceled because of weather ONCE, and it shouldn't have.

thats my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trapr

Well, as of right now, the weather is still looking pretty good. Only 30% chance or so of rain on Sunday, and even less Saturday.

IF there is a rain, we will still be shooting. Unless the range becomes unsafe, we will be shooting on the scheduled days. We won't be rescheduling the match, although we might end up dropping a stage etc etc if the weather becomes severe (which shouldn't be the case). So, the verdict is......bring your rain jackets if the weather looks bad!

I am going to do some math to figure out how many inches of rain has fallen on us during an event.

The Sporting clays nationals had a portion of the event lost to flood over night during the event. one time preparing for an event we got trapped over night at the range when the creek rose over the road before we could get out.

At a state shoot one of the stages was 6" under water from the shooting position.

And Please the 2008 USPSA National was only a light drizzle

What I herd was that the Three gun Group excelled in adverse conditions

I may have to pull out though , I got a splinter in my pinkie finger :unsure: