Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tuned mag question....

CDPMatt

How many rounds do your tuned mags hold in .40 with the DP followers and +1 SNL basepad please....?

Thanks,

Matt

Mine are not tuned but I get 20 rounds reloadable (40) in one I can cram 21 but its definately not reloadable. The DP followers are the most reliable that I have tried. Manny Bragg sells a mag that he can get 22 in, but load it 7 times and its ready for a new spring. Reliabilty is much more important than capacity.

I use a redding GRX which takes the bulge out of the cases so they stack better.

Edited by CocoBolo

Matt,

Unless things have changed, Dawson tunes for reliability and not for maximum round count. The Dawson tuned mags will vary on the number of rounds, just like untuned mags. My 40 S&W Dawson tuned mags, when legal length, only held 19 rounds, but your results could be different. If I remember correctly, my Dawson 40 mags were too long with the SNL.

The SNL base pad is just what the name implies "Sometimes Not Legal" You need to test each assembled mag in the gauge to insure it is legal.

Hello: I have a couple of mags with "SNL" base pads and Dawson guts with ISMI mag springs. These are not tuned by Dawson but use there parts and they hold 21 rounds reloadable and fit the gauge. You should be able to get 20 rounds reloadable with no problem and they will work everytime :cheers: Thanks, Eric