Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 case feeder question

I recently sold my 550 and bought a 650 with a case feeder (actualy it turned into 2 :devil: ). So far I love the press. My only issue is once in a while a case does not fall all the way through the case feeder and jams the plate that spins around and moves the cases. It only happens on on high speed, but I can't run it on slow it won't keep up with me. This press is a dedicated 45 acp press, using the large pistol plate. The bench is rock solid, over built and bolted to the wall. Any thoughts? I was thinking of loosening up the clutch, but it does slip when it happens it does not stall the motor.

This is the set up/bench.

100_1306.jpg

We suggest the slow speed for handgun brass, and use high speed for rifle brass. Let the tube fill before you start loading, and it is unlikely you will outrun it.

I hadn't heard this before regarding the change of speed depending upon rifle or pistol brass. Thanks!

Thank you! I will give it a try again. I did manage to out run it even though it was full when I started. When you get a rhythm going on that 650 it is amazing how fast it goes. I thought the 550 was good, the 650 is amazing! I wonder if more cases in the hoper might help it keep up? I will try it this weekend.

yes they are going red haha but a bunch of fine old chaps even boxer is heading to the darkside... you know lol i have the same set up as you (i know you know)

Edited by Bello

yes they are going red haha but a bunch of fine old chaps even boxer is heading to the darkside... you know lol i have the same set up as you (i know you know)

You spreading rumors about me Rob? I may one day get a LNL, it outwardly has it merits... after doing some reading on other sites though.

It seems like it really doesn't have the plug and play, work out the gate qualities like a XL650 does. I'll be curious to see how C4W goes with his in the coming months.

In the meantime, I'm not gonna bother with even the bullet feeder right now. Who knows when the die issues will get resolved and they will have stock.