Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SJC .40 S&W big stick

triplesinglestack

anyone using the SJC Bigstick in .40? for the open glock? I am curious if it is more reliable/easier than the +8 extensions on the market? and how many it will hold?

and if I posted in the wrong topic, mods feel free to relocate, thanks

Jason

John at SJC is only making big sticks from glock OEM 33 rd. 9mm mags. He says that the after market .40 big sticks are not made to the same quality as the 33 rd 9mm big sticks. (Glock does not make a factory .40 cal. big stick).Except the new 22 rd .40 cal.

Use the TAYLOR FREELANCE 170mm extensions instead. They work great and hold 24 rds.

Edited by sweetback

Sounds like you guys race the Glock. I've been thinking about moving into a Glock open gun next season. Trouble is, I don't really know where to start. I spoke to Steve at SJC about a home build major kit and he said he can do a .40 or a 9mm.

Should I buy a new 4G, Glock 35 or try to find a used beat-up G2/G3 donor gun? I have a 9mm 33rd mag. What does it take to mod it for .40 S&W?

Thx!

Sounds like you guys race the Glock. I've been thinking about moving into a Glock open gun next season. Trouble is, I don't really know where to start. I spoke to Steve at SJC about a home build major kit and he said he can do a .40 or a 9mm.

Should I buy a new 4G, Glock 35 or try to find a used beat-up G2/G3 donor gun? I have a 9mm 33rd mag. What does it take to mod it for .40 S&W?

Thx!

You can't make a 9mm Glock mag work with .40 S&W. The feed lip dimensions are different.

• 1 month later...

I start with a Barney & 28 in the mag If I have to reload I reload a 140mm that holds 22 reloadable. The Taylor ones work, I just like to keep it simple & have all my mags with the same base pads to make cleaning easier.

I have the Taylor basepads... I love them when they function flawlessly.. And that's about 99% of the time.. Every so often I will get a misfeed on one that sends the round at a 12 o clock position.. Not sure if there is a fix for that or some tuning.. Not trying to hijack thread but if some one has a fix please advise

Have you filed where the mag & the base pad meet? Another thing is to down load by one round, That was what I had to do when I was running the Tayor base pads.

I have not filed the mag.. Where does the filing need to be at? Photos would be very helpful.. I have tried downloading by one and will get it sometimes. Mostly get this problem about half way through the magazine.. Is it the spring that is binding on the mag?

Have you filed where the mag & the base pad meet? Another thing is to down load by one round, That was what I had to do when I was running the Tayor base pads.

I have not filed the mag.. Where does the filing need to be at? Photos would be very helpful.. I have tried downloading by one and will get it sometimes. Mostly get this problem about half way through the magazine.. Is it the spring that is binding on the mag?

You have to bevel the front of the base pad. I don’t have the Taylors any more

So I’m sorry can’t take any pictures. I used a finger nail file only took a few mins.

You have to bevel the front of the base pad. I don’t have the Taylors any more

So I’m sorry can’t take any pictures. I used a finger nail file only took a few mins.

Ok i have taken a photo of the magazine... Should I file the areas in the red square to make them rounded? I took the spring out of my magazine and reinstalled the base and looked inside and see that the front edges may have a lip where the two pieces meet. In my photo the areas that are in the red squares seem to need some filing.. I just want to make sure that this is the area youre talking about... Thanks

post-21390-036316100 1296679841_thumb.jp

Thanks blue! Appreciate that! I will check it out and see if this is an issue.. I don't tend to have trouble getting to the capacity of the mag but more trouble with it feeding after the first three or four rounds have been fired.. That round tends to stick upward at a 12-2 o'clock position.. This making me unload and clear and then reloading to shoot again.. Kind of a time killer during a match...