Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris TAC-30 no worky in the cold

Nealio

Tried to run my new Burris Tac-30 this past Sunday but the illumination would not turn on. It was about 15 degrees in the morning when we started, then warmed up to mid twenties and I could not get it to turn on at all that day. It worked all the times I tried it the week before, and worked fine after sitting in my cold garage all day Monday. The only thing I can think of is that it was too cold..? Has anyone else seen this issue?

- Nealio

Tried to run my new Burris Tac-30 this past Sunday but the illumination would not turn on. It was about 15 degrees in the morning when we started, then warmed up to mid twenties and I could not get it to turn on at all that day. It worked all the times I tried it the week before, and worked fine after sitting in my cold garage all day Monday. The only thing I can think of is that it was too cold..? Has anyone else seen this issue?

- Nealio

Not on mine. I ran it in 10 degree weather last weekend.

Did you leave it on over the week? Sometimes my illumination gets bumped and the battery dies.

Nope, auto-off after 2 hours. Run-time, if you keep turning it on, is more than 60 hours (how long mine has been on so far).

Well like I said, it was working last week and also Saturday night when I checked my gear. Then Sunday it would not turn on, I tried probably 6 different times, let it sit for a while, etc. Last night (Monday) it turned right on like normal after sitting in my cold (yet above freezing) garage all day.

Maybe its a battery issue (battery got too cold?), but you would think it would work better in the lower temperatures.

I have a total of 30 minutes of battery use (granted that is on the provided battery).

Just thought I'd ask around before I pack it up and send it back.. :(

Thanks,

- Nealio

Edited by Nealio

Evans, you're making me sound like I'm on crack.. ;)

I never saw it on. I just saw the black reticle, not the bright nuclear glowing one (sorry I'm colorblind, so I dunno what color it is)..

Its a great scope though and I like how it worked fine without the illumination.. :)