Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trigger finger

treefarmer

Hey Guys Without actually using the gun, i would be frowned upon if i took my pistol to work, what is the best way to "condition" your finger for all that heavy double action trigger pull? Thanks TF

I went to a mountain climbing store that sells the grip strengtheners and I bought the extra heavy one. It did wonders.

Hey Guys Without actually using the gun, i would be frowned upon if i took my pistol to work, what is the best way to "condition" your finger for all that heavy double action trigger pull? Thanks TF

If you want to work on speed, too, work the head of a ball pen as fast as you can, for a few seconds at a time.

Oh, and put on a face as if you're thinking about something work related... B)

I just use the regular V shaped hand squeeze thingy three different ways. Middle part up to work the lower two fingers, upside down to work the top two fingers, and then trigger finger only for an extra workout. Remember to work both hands and get to at least 40 since stages can be 32 rounds.

I work on ships and have the same problem of how to keep the hand strength up away from the gun. I took a gripmaster white which is extra heavy. I would work it for five to ten minutes every hour one minute on one minute off. My goal was to see how many squeezes I could get in a minute. I would just carry it around everywhere in my pocket and use it during spare time much like other people smoked cigarettes. I did try to ensure complete crush and release to ward off the evil short stroke. I believe it has improved my speed shot to shot. I find it does have a limitation in the it doesn't build the extension muscles of the fingers which Jerry Miculek says the speed is really hidden. YMMV.

Forrest

If you want to work on speed, too, work the head of a ball pen as fast as you can, for a few seconds at a time.

Oh, and put on a face as if you're thinking about something work related... B)

that's a good one :-)