Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6 or 8 shot for steel?

twister

If you are just going to shoot steel matches the 8 shot is perfectly legal. If you use the gun for USPSA you can load 8 but you must reload after six shots or you will be put into the Open Division.

You can also use the 8 shot for ICORE Limited with no problems. You cannot use it in IDPA. They don't allow you to load 8 rounds in the gun .

The 8 shot is the right gun for steel. There is an iron sight and an open division, and there isn't a power factor, so you can shoot light bullets. I use the v-comp, but the lighter barrel versions will transition quicker. With no reloads on the clock, you don't need round nose bullets or short cases or anything. I'm shooting 135 moly's in .38 special cases. You will need moon clips or speedloaders, as a courtesy to others waiting to shoot. Have fun!

If you are just going to shoot steel matches the 8 shot is perfectly legal. If you use the gun for USPSA you can load 8 but you must reload after six shots or you will be put into the Open Division.

You can also use the 8 shot for ICORE Limited with no problems. You cannot use it in IDPA. They don't allow you to load 8 rounds in the gun .

Don't forget ICORE. It's legal but no advantage.

Oh I see it's already suggested.

Well then how about plate or pin matches.

Edited by GMM50

I think (and will certainly be corrected if I am not) that an 8 shot revolver can be used in Production Division in USPSA without having to reload after 6 shots. If you use it in USPSA Revolver Division, then you would have to reload after 6 shots or be moved to Open Division. Since arrays cannot require more than 8 shots, the downside of using an 8 shot revolver in Production Division might not be that bad. :unsure:

I think (and will certainly be corrected if I am not) that an 8 shot revolver can be used in Production Division in USPSA without having to reload after 6 shots. If you use it in USPSA Revolver Division, then you would have to reload after 6 shots or be moved to Open Division. Since arrays cannot require more than 8 shots, the downside of using an 8 shot revolver in Production Division might not be that bad. :unsure:

And then why not Limited 10 and even Limited!!

And then why not Limited 10 and even Limited!!

Go ahead. I've even seen a revolver intentionally shot in USPSA open division!

Can an 8 shot 38/357 be converted to a 38super? Thanks,Dave

I think so, but there's no point because you can shoot .38 short colt (even shorter than super) or .38 long colt in it, without modification. You'll get all your brass back, and never wear it out, so your investment in brass lasts forever. There's no real incentive in any of the games to load an 8 shooter to major, either.