Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help! 9mm bullets falling into case

RAZZ

So I just switched my 650 over to reloading 9mm, and I have run into a problem. Using MG 124 CMJ bullets, measuring .355, and once-fired, normal pressure 9mm cases, the bullets fall into the cases. There is no tension at all, and I can't get the bullets to stay in one place to even make it to the crimp station--even without belling the case mouth. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Are you doing something wrong? Maybe. Your cases aren't sizing for some reason.

1. Is there a sizing die in the sizing station? Screwed in far enough?

2. Check the top of the sizing die. Is it stamped "9mm"?

3. If it is stamped 9mm, turn it over and look at the mouth. Is the sizing ring

still in it and in one piece?

ETA: Dang---you guys are QUICK!!! :roflol:

BTW--that phrase, "Disregard, I'm an Idiot" seems to pop up a LOT in the diagnosis of my own problems.

Edited by open17

Are you using a 9mm sizing die? 9mm is tapered so a super die would open it up. Just asking!

Measure the bullets. MG 355's usually come out to .3545.

What brand of brass. I found some LY headstamp brass once that would not crimp tight. The case walls were way too thin.

Got a question about brass fired in a Glock.Ihave heard it is nit a good idea to reload 9mm brass that was fired in a Glock because of the bulge from the unsurpported section of the chamber. I don't have a Glock, just S&W and Taurus but I do have access to a lot of once fired brass from a Glock. I use RCBS dies in a Dillon 550b and full length resize all cases. I don't see a problem but I would like to know if I am wrong. Thanks

Got a question about brass fired in a Glock.Ihave heard it is nit a good idea to reload 9mm brass that was fired in a Glock because of the bulge from the unsurpported section of the chamber. I don't have a Glock, just S&W and Taurus but I do have access to a lot of once fired brass from a Glock. I use RCBS dies in a Dillon 550b and full length resize all cases. I don't see a problem but I would like to know if I am wrong. Thanks

In most cases, if your dies are adjusted properly, you should not have a problem. However, there are large variations in the camber dimensions between different guns. If what you reload is working in your guns, you need not worry.

Disregard--I'm an idiot. In setting up the press, I hadn't yet run the brass through the sizer die. Running the brass through all the stations solved my problem.

LOL - We've all suffered self-diagnosed idiocy at some point or another!

I relaod 99% once fired glock brass since it comes out of my glock 34. I am using lee dies with a lee FCD in the last station of my 550. I also run a tight chambered storm lake bbl. I never have a problem with OF 9mm brass. I do have a problem with 40 S&W OFB. in tight chamber storm lake 24 bbl. I fix that with an EGW undersize die

Mat