Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Should I shoot in Limited 10? Or single stack

Blank Zero

You could use it for either (assuming you have some 10 round SS mags), but you'll be more competetive in Single Stack division. When you jump to L10, you will be shooting, mostly, against guys with full-out STI / SV limited guns, just downloaded to 10 rounds. But its your call, either division would be fun. Heck my wife, who shoots a 9mm single stack, wants to shoot the Nationals next year, but given the choice between Illinois and Vegas she made the obvious choice. So she is going to shoot L10 minor. She doesn't care--she just wants to go have fun.

Edited by RAZZ

I think Robbie Leatham has won the Limited-10 Nationals with a single-stack (and Dave Sevigny won them with a Glock).

Of course, those are ubber-good shooters. I am just saying...don't get too hung up on equipment advantages and such.

A couple extra rounds in the gun (L-10) is usually more helpful to new shooters.

Practice those reloads (dry fire)...which you should be doing either way.

The other thing to consider is what other shooters in your area are shooting. It is often good to seek the division that has more competitors in it...which can help your learning. Some places will have a following in Single-Stack, where other matches won't hardly have any Single-stack shooters. (check past match results to see what divisions people in your area are shooting)