Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LOCAL: 3Gun Match - Atlanta, GA

Final details being worked out, but plan right now is to have a 3 gun match on the 4th Saturday of January 2011 at River Bend Gun Club in the Atlanta, GA area.

Once I have specifics worked out, I'll post here and to the local mailing lists. Due to the holidays and the close in nature, I wanted to get the word out on the date and location.

Alan

Edited by Alan Adamson

Alan, which range would this be on? As far as I've heard the Action ranges are still down until further notice [at least to rifle rounds that is].

Very interested in this match too BTW.

All, been away for the holidays.

I've just about got all the specifics down... I should post all of that this afternoon.

These will be on the new Action Bays at RBGC. I've got clearance, with some limitations to shoot this match there.

more later.

Alan

Match Specifics, this may get tweaked a little as we home in on the date, so make sure you check this thread, I'll try to update everything here.

Thanks,

Alan

Match Specifics Below

---------------------------------------

We are going to try this one more time... Another first!

The January USPSA Match at River Bend Gun Club will be held on the 4th Saturday - January 22rd. This match will be a 6 stage 3 gun match and will be scored under time-plus rules with one exception. There will be one pistol only stage that will score as a USPSA classifier. See NOTE 1 below.

Action Shooting Complex (new range/bays - signage will be provided to steer you there).

Date: Saturday, January 22, 2011 (rain date - 1/23/2011 if needed)

Registration at 9:00am

New Shooters Briefing at 9:30am

Match starts at 10:00am

(Setup on Thursday/Friday afternoon, Saturday morning - please come help if you can.)

Match Fees (per shooter):

$25 non-member Match Fee

$20 member Match fee

($5 setup discount) - for setup help either Thursday/Friday or Sat morning prior to match

- redeemable day of match

Divisions:

Overall Notes: Declared power factor must be shot for the entirety of the match e.g. If shooting minor for the match, you must shoot minor for the classifier. Rifles must have a shoulder-able stock, no rifle caliber pistols will be allowed.

a) Open

Magazine limited

- Pistol - 170mm total overall length

Optics allowed - Yes

Speed loaders allowed - Yes

B) Tactical

Magazine limited

- Pistol - 140mm total overall length (see note 1)

- Shotgun - Yes, max of 8 in the tube

- Rifle - NO

Optics allowed - Single optic on Rifle only

Speed loaders allowed - NO

c) Limited

Magazine limited

- Rifle - NO

Optics allowed - Single 1x optic on Rifle only

d) Pump-Tactical

Magazine limited

- Rifle - NO

Optics allowed - Single 1x optic on Rifle only

**NOTE 1**: The USPSA classifier will be shot under USPSA rules, you're declared division/power factor must be honored for the entire match, including the classifier. Remember the magazine length, holster, power factor and sight rules for that division will apply (think of it as a match with in a match if you like). If you are going to shoot 9mm minor during the 3gun part and use a longer magazine, make sure you bring your 10 round USPSA legal ones for the classifier stage.

Scoring: We'll use a time-plus scoring method similar to what is used at the Fort Benning 3G match. Every paper target requires 2 hits with A/B hits incurring no time add, C hits adding .5 seconds and D hits adding 1.5 seconds. Mikes are 10 seconds and Procedurals are 5 second adds

Chamber Flags:

These will be required for both Shotguns and Rifles, they must be in the chamber at all times until you are under RO direction in preparation for a specific stage.

Discarded Firearms:

All gun transitions will require that the firearm be *unloaded* - slide racked, hammer down, no round in the chamber before picking up the next firearm. This will apply to all types of firearms and firearm transitions. We'll work to design stages that do not require a shotgun to be a middle firearm transition due to unloading requirements with high capacity magazines.

Limitations:

For the Shotgun portion this will be a bird shot only match, no slugs required. Shot size limited to 7 1/2 or smaller size.

For the rifle portion, this will be limited to .223 caliber, no Heavy Metal or any calibers larger than .223 will be allowed for this match.

There will be 6 fun and challenging stages, and stages will range from speed shoots to medium/long field type courses... Remember, one stage will be a standard USPSA pistol only classifier stage. (bring equipment accordingly)

Stage designs are located here - (UNDER DEVELOPMENT - check this post later for stages)

Mark your calendars, come and join us.

Edited by Alan Adamson

• 1 month later...

Quick update on this forthcoming match...

All,

We had a work day on Sunday, at the range - for 2 reasons, to do some actual work and to evaluate the bays given the weather we've had lately. It was about as expected. Snow still on the ground, very wet and muddy. There is a potential for 2 more days of rain this week and this may be more than these bays can handle given how new they are and how little overgrowth or grass there is.

As a result. I'll watch the weather and make a final call for a go/no go for this weekend. If we are unable to go this weekend, we have approval from Mark to delay until the following weekend. So it will either be the 22nd, or the 29th and I'll send out the final word on Wednesday of this week.

Thanks so much but I wanted to let you all know so you could plan accordingly.

Ok, I'm going to make this call a little early... With snow back in the forecast (and at least rain) this week, not to mention today, the ranges will be just too messy to hold this match this weekend. We are officially postponed until next weekend (29th)... Same event, etc, just one week later and we'll cross our fingers that at least the sun will come out between now and then.

Thanks,

Alan

Ok, I'm going to make this call a little early... With snow back in the forecast (and at least rain) this week, not to mention today, the ranges will be just too messy to hold this match this weekend. We are officially postponed until next weekend (29th)... Same event, etc, just one week later and we'll cross our fingers that at least the sun will come out between now and then.

Thanks,

Alan

Match is on for this Saturday as specified at the beginning of this thread.

Quick overview.

70 Rifle, 42 Pistol, 37 Shot (no slugs required - shot no larger that 7 1/2 range rule - although there will be some *long* steel :) ).

6 Stages, one being a uspsa classifier (pistol only).

I've finished up stages and have 3 of the 6 built as of today... Should have the other 3 done tomorrow.

Stages are here. http://www.highrf.com/Rockets/RBGC%20%203Gun%20Match.pdf

Edited by Alan Adamson

Any news on when/where the scores will be posted?

Randy, I noticed that you didn't shoot one of the stages, did you need to leave early? Here are the scores. Based upon the way I score, for a DNS, I simply assigned a large time, in this case 300 seconds... :)

http://www.highrf.com/Rockets/RBGC%203Gun%20Jan.pdf

Edited by Alan Adamson