Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Batf

james h

i just phoned the ATF to get clarification of some important points re my gun and the ignorant woman just kept parroting the website address. obviously no knowledge of firearms and no interest in public service. quite a simple question really: my gun has a detachable tube magazine:if the tube that is fitted holds less than 10 rds can i bring it in ?" answer go to website......where there is no answer.

surely some knowledge of guns and the law is a prerequisite for the job?

that said our lot are no better, uncivil servants all over the world

j

Hmmmm......

Now if I understand the Hate Forum rules correctly, I can't direct a reply....

but, :D , I believe there some brothers in blue that shoot USPSA, and attend this website regularly that may have an "alternate" point of view......they may be in the category of......QUOTE = "pig ignorant bureaucrats"......

To answer your question: I assume you're talking SG here... if it's a lever gun, there are no restrictions. AFA a pump SG, you're fine in any config, AFAIK. AFA semi-auto SG, if it has a PG stock it's considered an assault weapon, so I'd say don't bring it. If it's a standard stock, you're fine.

Then there's the easy way around it: if you have a PG and more than 5 rounds in your gun, make it so you don't have a PG and more than 5 rounds at customs and ship the other parts (as a gift) to whatever hotel you're staying at. What you do after that might be illegal, but I don't know anything about that. ;)

To clarify: standard stock and more than 5 rounds = OK by BATF (AKA not an AW)

pistol-grip stock and more than 5 rounds = NOT OK by ATF (AKA an AW)

Thanks for the replies the point was the person didnt have the brains to say "i cannot answer your question try this number.." or even " our policy is not to answer questions on the phone". she just kept repeating go to www.batf.gov www.batf.gov etc.

The Public employee Unions are not after more money to get better people into the job. That would be helpful :angry:

They are after more money for the mental midgets that already infest the Public Service. They do not care about the Public, if they did they would allow us to publically humiliate the miscreants who wrong us. They make it harder to fire people, who are otherwise unemployable (ie in a REAL job), they make it so difficult and red tape bound to get the supervisors to discipline the slackers.

Some supervisors get the job because they were one of the mindless minions who make our lives a living hell, and get good at it and are promoted to one step (sometimes more) above their level of competence. Resulting in them hiring people who make them look clever. Which basically lowers the bar to a point that even the Devil would have to duck to get under it.

I am very sorry to have to say that I agree with GM Iprod............. Only sorry to agree with him because he is (in my opinion) absolutely correct and that what he says is not pleasant............. although I believe true. The OTHER way that these supervisory personel get their positions is by "stuffing envelopes" for the right candidates at election time........................... <_<:angry:

Best personal regards, GM Iprod........ hope all is going well for you and yours.

Jeffro (Jeff)

Do they know anything about alcohol or tobacco either? And why are those three things that are "so closely related" grouped under one agency anyway? TXAG

Oh man, I've always thought it would be cool to work for such an agency. ATF stands for All The Fun stuff. When they added Explosives, I almost ran to DC to sign up.

I could play with the cool stuff and keep everyone else from having fun, 'cause I work for the Guvment and I know better. :rolleyes: