Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.44 Special

stuart1

Not a competition gun, but I got a new 4 5/8" Lipsey Bisley Flattop .44 Special. Wow what a gun...what a caliber! The .44 special is really special: easy to reload, accurate, very accurate and the gun is beautiful and has that wonderful Bisley grip. In a totally non-judgmental way, it's a heck of a combination. Fortunately as a Zen practicioner I'm of course not attached to it...and yet! Anyone else here admire the .44 special? Thanks, Dennis

congrats. my stainless bisley in .45 colt is one of my favorite handguns for plinking steel. i don't own any .44 specials, but have a few S&W in .44 magnum that i usually shoot with a lead 240 gr bullet at around 850 fps (basically downloading the round to .44 special velocity). It's a lot more fun for recreational shooting and I don't have to screw the sideplates back on the revolver after each range session:roflol:

• 9 months later...

I have a pair of Lipsey's Ruger Vaqueros in .44 Special. They have 4 5/8" barrels and are blued with consecutive serial numbers. I use them for Cowboy Action shooting. They are great fun and .44 SPL is my all time favorite caliber. In the past I have also owned (and wish I still did) a S&W Triple Lock in 4" and a Colt New Model Officer's Match 7.5" in .44 SPL. The Triple Lock was very nice, but that Colt shot like a dream.

I have a pair of Lipsey's Ruger Vaqueros in .44 Special. They have 4 5/8" barrels and are blued with consecutive serial numbers. I use them for Cowboy Action shooting. They are great fun and .44 SPL is my all time favorite caliber. In the past I have also owned (and wish I still did) a S&W Triple Lock in 4" and a Colt New Model Officer's Match 7.5" in .44 SPL. The Triple Lock was very nice, but that Colt shot like a dream.

180 GR XTP,12 Gr of unique in a 44 magnum case with a S&W model 29. It's like butter! B)

I know the post was about 44 spl but something made me post. :devil:

Welcome to the forum Izzoquazzo :cheers:

Edited by Youngeyes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The 44 is special. I've been a long time "Keith " shooter and own several factory and custom 44 spls. There honestly is not a more all around ctg than the 44 sol. Not real picky to load. Very easy to shoot. Accurate. And so on. Congrats on your new friend. You may find yourself in a new relationship very soon.