Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 21SF or Single Stack 1911 for Lim 10?

shooter995

I shoot a Glock 34 in Production, & a STI TruBor in Open, now looking to shoot some Limited 10! I love the Glock 21SF, already have 1 for the Home Defense Weapon. The debate is to buy another G21SF & build it for Limited 10 or buy a Good 1911?? Fill me in guys!

depends which platform/trigger you like better. I personally shoot a 1911 in competition and prefer its trigger than my G21sf (my carry gun). If you are used to shooting a Glock in competition it comes down to what platform you prefer more

In my opinion Glock 35. You can build it for L10 then jump to LTD when your bored with L10.

Already had a G35 didn't like it much, I prefer the 45 over the .40 which is why I wanna shoot Limited 10, I shot limited for a while didn't really do it for me!

I use my G21sf in L10. It's competitive and an easy gun to shoot. I shoot a G17 in production and the grip adjustment does take some dry fire practice to get used to after using one for an extended period of time.

My only real mods have been warren sevigny sights. Haven't found a need for mag extensions or a mag well. The hole is plenty wide for speedy reloads. My .02

If you decide not to go with the Glock why not buy a 2011 Limited gun . Shoot either Limited or Limited 10 with it. Couple of upsides going this route instead of a 1911 style gun. First is the fact that you can use your Open belt, holster and mag pouches for either Limited or Limited 10. Save some $$$ doing this. Second advantage is the big hole in the grip for reloads in Limited 10 as opposed to the smaller hole in the grip of a 1911 style gun. The downside is having to buy a couple more mag pouches and mags for Limited 10. This cost is less expensive than buying another belt, holster and pouches for a 1911.

Something to chew on.

Pat

Hello: Get a 6" STI 2011 and shoot it in Limited 10 and Limited. That is what I am doing :cheers: I have a Glock 34 for Production and a STI 2011 for Open and a couple of single stacks etc. The 2011 will load faster than the 1911 but just by a little with a Dawson no gap magwell. If cost is a factor then get a STI Spartan and 8 10rd 1911 mags. I like Safariland 771's for mag holders and a Comp Tac holster. I did not like the Glock 21 or the 21SF compared to the 1911's even with reloads. Glock 34 is great for me for Production for now :devil: Thanks, Eric

I absolutely love my Springfield TRP Operator for Limited 10 division. Single action trigger is hands down the best in my opinion. However, the argument could be made that faster reloads could be had with a double stack stack gun. In the end, it's all about personal preference.