Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fmj Bullet Brands And Sources

ktmhk53

I like zero for forty and 38Super. Get them from www.rozedist.com, this is actually zero's dealer branch.

I've used MG in forty and liked them, I would definitely use them as my first choice as a backup in both calibers if I had a problem getting zero. I have a local guy in FL that I use if I want to get MG, he gets a good case price.

THC

Find a local IPSC club (www.uspsa.org) and ask them where they buy their bullets. There's a lot of good bullets out there - the trick is finding out who's dealing in volume locally so you don't have to get stuck with the huge shipping charges associated with buying bullets. Plus, you might get to try some w/o buying 5000 of something that your gun just hates for whatever reason.

FWIW...

I just got a 1,000 9mm JHP bullets from Roze, great price and fast service! 3 days from order to delivery! :D

When you order 1,000 or more bullets the shipping is included, that made their prices better than anyone else I looked at, and these bullets didn't have the exposed lead on the base, that's a nice plus IMHO.

Roze Distributing

Our club likes Montana gold. For 124 gn 9mm, a 3750 case with free shipping works out to $40/ M. Zero was 47.50 / m shipped. I do like the idea of 135 gn Zero's though, as most don't bridge the 124 to 147 gap.

I have used Rainier fmj 124's and they are good bullets in my gun. They are available at Midway around 43/ m? + shipping, or $46/ M shipped from Berry Mfg.

I was just thinking of posting this same question... good timing

Allen

If you're ordering in megabulk (30,000+) bullets, call some of the major mail-order places (I've had good luck with Lock Stock & Barrel for Hornady's). They can drop-ship bullets by truck from their suppliers (Hornady, Montana Gold, etc) for pretty good prices. Best with a shipping dock and some way to move 700+ pounds of lead when they arrive.

Allen --- how many cases of Montana Gold 124's did you have to buy to get them for $40 per 1000 shipped? Looking at their current prices in the latest _Front Sight_, if a guy bought at the three case price of $179 per 3750, that figures out to $47.73 per 1000 shipped. Just wondering how ya did it!

BIG OOPS!! I used the JHP's in the above example. If you used the FMJ's at $171 it comes out to $45.60.

• 2 weeks later...