Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shooters gun breaks before first shot fired

Spray_N_Prey

Ok a very good friend of mine told me about this and I told him that he should have received a reshoot, but want to verify.

He made ready and at the stop realized his hammer spring broke and never fired a shot, he was given a zero with no time written down. no mikes, no procedurals, nothing.

I was under the interpretation that if there is no or incorrect score, that's a re-shoot.

comments?

Ok a very good friend of mine told me about this and I told him that he should have received a reshoot, but want to verify.

He made ready and at the stop realized his hammer spring broke and never fired a shot, he was given a zero with no time written down. no mikes, no procedurals, nothing.

I was under the interpretation that if there is no or incorrect score, that's a re-shoot.

comments?

You can stand down up untill the start signal. If you are loading and you find your gun broke, you have not started yet. "Are you ready" is a question, just reply NO. If pressed, just keep replying no. Eventually the RO should figure out you are not ready and tell you to ULSC and go fix your gun.

Tom

I should have addressed the second part also.

It is possiable to have no score and recieve a zero for the stage. After the start siginal, say you had a squib on the 1st round, no time, no score. It is a zero for the stage.

Tom

If the "stop" (bold, above) was meant to be "start", or something to refer to the start signal, then the course is scored as shot (even if no shot has been fired). A time of "0.00", no points, all mikes, and a Failure to Shoot at (aka FTE) for every target... effectively a score of "0".

Best,

ac

edited to add: too late - already answered by better minds than mine, and with a rule citation.

Edited by ac4wordplay

I should have addressed the second part also.

It is possiable to have no score and recieve a zero for the stage. After the start siginal, say you had a squib on the 1st round, no time, no score. It is a zero for the stage.

Tom

Does the squib shot record a time?

Either way, it's either a zero, by rule, or a zero when you add up all of the penalties.