Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for Wilson 9mm mags

Marv Z

Did you check with BEnos? I looked at the store but could not tell if the Wilson 9mm he lists are the ETM or whether he has them in stock. But, I would call either Brian here or call Chuck at Shooter's Connection to see if either one can get them for you.

Chris

I got some a couple of months ago, at 2 different times, as there were stocking problems, then as well.

I sold them and went to the Tripp mags, but during the process it was apparent that Wilson just changed the basepad design on the mags. The new basepads are made of an alloy (but still look plastic to me), and are flush with the sides of the mags. See this thread, with comments straight from the horse's mouth.

Speculation: Wilson could be holding back on shipping the new mags out so that dealers can empty their inventory of the old style mags before stocking up on the new style?

It's just speculation, and has little basis. Honestly, I'm just trying to chime in anywhere I can to get my post count up ;) However, I refuse to do so without anything useful to say...

I found some new ones from a member here. I'll check them when I get them to see what base pad is on them. I'd rather have the plastic ones as my Trojan is very close to the max weight for IDPA. Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have 5 of the wilson mags and they will not allow the slide to fully reset on a slide lock reload for IDPA. they are also Very hard to reload with the slide forward if they are full. After settleing for just shooting 9 rnd mags for my reloads I found a friend who put me onto Tripp Research 10rd mags that function perfectly in all situations. for the added couple of bucks its worth it to me.

I bought 4 from a dealer on gunbroker. He was a stocking Wilson dealer...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=197786183

I see he has a few in stock now.

Thanks for the link. I just purchased 3 from this seller. He was very fast and professional.

I have been using the Tripp magazines, but have experienced a few instances where a cartridge would dislodge during the loading. The Wilson magazines seem to have slightly closer fit.

We have them at our shop, but they have the new alloy basepads. I do have 4 extra plastic basepads from mine though. Shop info: B & B Armory-330-719-9347

I sure could use those plastic basepads in the event you would be interested in selling them...