Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd Annual Topton 3 man 3 gun team match

Not all stages are done yet. Still finalizing and tweaking them. Roun count is hard to determine. But if each guy has around 175 each of pistol rifle and shot you will have plenty as long as you don't miss alot. The team will need a min of 9 slugs.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Are the stages gonna be posted ahead of time? Does anyone know of a hotel that is close?

There is a Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, and Hilton Garden Inn about 20 minutes from the range. Search for Allentown,Pa. The 3 above hotels are located off Route 100.

No stages most liked will not be posted. We are working on final designs and they always change anyway. I can tell everyone that each shooter will be required to shoot each gun on at least one stage. So all shooters will shoot shotgun rifle and pistol at least once. On those three stages the round counts are very close to keep it fair.

Not all stages are done yet. Still finalizing and tweaking them. Roun count is hard to determine. But if each guy has around 175 each of pistol rifle and shot you will have plenty as long as you don't miss alot. The team will need a min of 9 slugs.

Just checking, that's 175 pistol, 175 rifle, and 175 shot per shooter, plus a box of slug for the team?

Also, will all team members be required to shoot slug? We're bringing shotguns in multiple gauges.

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to this match!

Dean,

It looks like a clarification is required, although logic tells me that the round count will be 175 R,P,S per TEAM, not per shooter. If it were per shooter, we'd be there a LONG LONG time. Each TEAM would have to shoot 1575 rounds! Each stage if there are 8 stages would be near 200 rounds which would probably require a target change for nearly every shooter.

Then again, I could just be wrong.

Dean? What say you??

It looks like a clarification is required... Each TEAM would have to shoot 1575 rounds! Each stage if there are 8 stages would be near 200 rounds which would probably require a target change for nearly every shooter.

and it's not even really a 'zombie' shoot now, right? :P

[...] logic tells me that the round count will be 175 R,P,S per TEAM, not per shooter. If it were per shooter, we'd be there a LONG LONG time. Each TEAM would have to shoot 1575 rounds!

This. I'd like to shoot the Iron Man one of these years, but I wasn't planning on doing it this year. :surprise:

If you have shot the match before you already know for those new shooters let me explain. I am not sure which team member is shooting which gun on which stage. I also don't know if one guy plan to shoot more o one gun than another so the round counts I put out give each shooter plenty of ammo for the match. Jim you shot the match before so you should know and understand this. Of course if you only want to bring the exact number of rounds if you hit everything on the first shot I can try and figure it out for you. Experienced shooters bring twice the round count to a big match. I tried to just tell everyone why to bring to be safe. I would rather have and not need than need and not have. If you need further clarification get my number of the topton site and I can explain it to you more.

I had the same question about shotgun capacity,

From the rules:

"Shotguns: pump or semi -auto allowed. Maximum of 9 in rounds the gun at any time, no

ported barrels or choke tubes allowed, no optics, no speed loaders or devices allowed.

( sorry this means no Saigas this year)"

So I won't be using a plug in my 9+1.

David E.

From the rules:

"Shotguns: pump or semi -auto allowed. Maximum of 9 in rounds the gun at any time, no

ported barrels or choke tubes allowed, no optics, no speed loaders or devices allowed.

David E.

Just don't count wrong when your loading :devil:

From the rules:

David E.

Use the plug!

Min nine slug needed for team all team members shootthe same shotgun on slug stage. So bring extra in same gauge

Why use the same gun? It stinks with 2 guys with Benelli's and one with a Remington, as the function is slighty different, and under the clock isn't the time to try to remember why a round isn't feeding from the mag.

Min nine slug needed for team all team members shootthe same shotgun on slug stage. So bring extra in same gauge

Why use the same gun? It stinks with 2 guys with Benelli's and one with a Remington, as the function is slighty different, and under the clock isn't the time to try to remember why a round isn't feeding from the mag.

Since it is only 9 slugs, I *think* we will just be loading one gun with slugs and then shooting it. Shouldn't be too difficult. (I hope!) :unsure:

Oh yeah, and I plugged Remzilla for 8+1 so I can't screw up and overload.

Edited by IPSCDRL