Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Monster Match - Florida

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what an awesome match! i came down from maryland...and it was well worth the trip. 8 fantastic stages. a great range. great ROs. great weather. and a great squad.

i've been wanting to shoot a match like this (high round count stages) ever since i saw video of of the rocky mountain 300. and it was more fun than i even hoped it would be. in fact, this was the most fun i've ever had shooting a uspsa match. i hope they do it again next year.

many thanks to all of those the helped put this match together...you guys and girls did a fantastic job... :cheers:

Edited by driver8M3

Shannon Smith (aka Smitty) did a great job in putting together one of the most dynamic and fun matches I have ever shot. The stages were awesome and all of the R/O's and staff were very professional and helpful. You can tell by the stages Shannon's experience because all the small details were worked out and no one found any loop holes in the walk-throughs. I have shot most of the previous Monster Matches but this one really stand out. How creative can one be, well just look at the stages and see. You had moats, and stars, and fields of steel. You had a little bit of everything. And if anyone saw the trophies, man if that did not give you incentive to want to shoot better then you better have your pulse checked. Those are the best trophies I have ever seen.

So a huge "Thank You" Smitty to you and your creative staff for a match that will be talked about for a long time.

Lastly I just need to know what kind of beer you guys like!

Holy cow, what a weekend. I slept in longer today than I have in years, luckily I had the day off already. From my end the match went off without hitch thanks to the awesome staff and awesome shooters. My RO's and staff are top notch and make my job pretty easy. If it looked like I was just riding around on the golf cart smoking cigars and taking videos it's because that's pretty much what I was doing. The staff handled everything and the shooters were equally helpful. Honestly everything went about as well as it could have, especially weather which even I have little control over.

I just updated the website with a ton of video and pictures of the action as well as posting some of the winners. Results are up on my site and USPSA.

Thanks for all the kind words and thanks to everyone for making a super successful The Monster Match 2010.

TheMonsterMatch.net

Wow!! What an incedible match! It was the most fun match I've shot all year and one of the most challenging. The variety of shot types was amazing. Everything from 3 feet to an open target to 30+ yards to a popper. My thanks to the stage designers, construction crew, RO's and match staff. You folks are awesome!! :bow:

Smitty,

Sorry I couldn't thank you sooner.

This match was a very good match. If you didn't make it, you missed out on a great match. Many thanks goes out to Smitty, Jim(Rangemaster) and Jay (Stats). Great RO's, great weather, and great stages all came together to provide us with a great experience. Looking forward to the next Monster Match. By the way Smitty, the next Monster match will be in 2020 right? :roflol:

Thanks,

Jason