Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Monster Match - Florida

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Driver. We thought we would try something new with the gradual roll out. Kinda keep some buzz going for a few weeks. It has been cool working on this match with the new sign up format, dedicated website and now the stage reveal. Running a match is a ridiculous amount of work as many of us know but at least you can do/try some things you always thought 'should' have been done.

Almost all the stages are done, the two that aren't are in my head...just have to put them on paper. I can tell you that of the seven remaining, six are at least as awesome as the one posted, two are clearly awesomer, and one is at a level of awesomeness rarely seen in our fine sport.

Get signed up folks, you don't want to miss it!!

Shannon

I will receive it for you. Needs to be here by Oct. 22 as I'll be heading to the range for most of that week prior to the match.

Shannon Smith

4006 W. Land Ave.

Tampa, FL 33616

How much is the plus in 400 plus rounds? I'm thinking of shipping 600 rounds, but I don't want to cut it too close.

I will receive it for you. Needs to be here by Oct. 22 as I'll be heading to the range for most of that week prior to the match.

Shannon Smith

4006 W. Land Ave.

Tampa, FL 33616

How much is the plus in 400 plus rounds? I'm thinking of shipping 600 rounds, but I don't want to cut it too close.

I'd ship double.... :devil:

I don't think more than 450. I'm still waiting on one stage to be turned by the designer and my final one to get on paper.

I should have a solid answer by the end of this week for you.

I don't think more than 450. I'm still waiting on one stage to be turned by the designer and my final one to get on paper.

I should have a solid answer by the end of this week for you.

I wouldn't call it final, final. But pretty final round count is 435.

There might be a tweak or two in the final drawing up of a couple stages but it won't vary by more than 10 rounds from that number. I'll try to get the final count done and posted to the site after the FL State Match this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having blue screen of death problems on my main computer...where the stages are. (logging on from a different machine now) I'm going to try to get it fixed/salvaged today at some point. But I can't post the promised Monday stage at the moment, hopefully later today or tomorrow.

Stand by to stand by.

-S

New hard drive later new stage posted as promised. Thanks to the computer dude for saving my data. To all you procrastinators out there who don't back up your data like I didn't.....you should.

Now back to your regular match discussions.

Edited by SmittyFL

New stage posted today as well as some sound Zombie survival advice to keep you safe this coming Halloween.

Thanks to all who have supported the match and continue to spread the word for me. Still plenty of room to enjoy a great match at a great venue.

I think it is all coming together pretty well and we plan a great show for the shooters. Hope you can make it.

See some of ya'll in Vegas next week!!!!

TheMonsterMatch.net

We are pre-ordering Tee Shirts for the match and today at 10pm EST is the deadline to get a Tee Shirt with registration. So register today!!

I'll have a few extra for sale on match day but I'm not ordering a ton extra.

Thanks.

Only 16 spots left on Saturday....if you like shooting Saturdays please sign up soon!! Still plenty of room on Sunday and a few Friday spots.

I'm off to Vegas tomorrow for 10 days but will have email and phone access for any questions.

Thanks for supporting The Monster Match!!

Shannon

The Monster Match

I was going to call Shannon and ask about the days for shooting. My Wife will NOT let me shoot on Sunday so do I have a choice of Friday or Saturday? I haven't been able to figure this out. Also, do I need anything besides 500 rnds and a pistol? Any memberships, classes, special clothing ,etc.?

It looks like an insanely good time but I need info since I'm brand new to competition all together.

Also, I would be shooting a Glock 17 in stock form other than trigger work or a 1911 if I can find some 10 rnd CMC before the date. I don't care about points or a rank if I don't need to. Just trying to ask my questions here so I can expedite any issues I'll need to work out.

Edited by Memphis

Hey Memphis,

You can shoot Friday OR Saturday. Currently there are only a few spots left on Saturday, if you hurry you can get one of those. I have a few spots also with the staff on Friday. If you want Friday just let me know. The online squadding is locked for Friday but I will squad you after you sign up. You do not have to be a member of anything to participate. Put 'pending' in the spot for your USPSA number. It is a USPSA recognized match and we follow all USPSA safety rules and procedures so you should be familiar with them.

Your Glock will be fine. You may shoot in Production division in which case you are limited to 10 rounds in the mag so you'll need a few of them with 50 round+ stages. Or you could shoot Limited Division Minor and stuff them full.

No special clothing required as long as you have some clothing on.

Follow directions on www.TheMonsterMatch.net to register. Call, post, or email with any questions. Thanks for considering the match.

Smitty

Signing up now, Thanks!

Signed up but I didn't place any date. I should have put myself in for Saturday.

I signed up for Limited "M" class. Is that correct? I want full mags because reloading sucks.

Edited by Memphis

You will get instructions for the USPSA online squadding and will be able to squad yourself for Saturday. I know our registration dude is traveling to Vegas today so it may be a day or two. If you decide you want Friday let me know. The 'M' class is probably not correct but I'll take care of that.

Thanks for supporting the match.

Signing up now, Thanks!

Signed up but I didn't place any date. I should have put myself in for Saturday.

I signed up for Limited "M" class. Is that correct? I want full mags because reloading sucks.

Memphis,

Are you familiar with USPSA rules. If not, here is a link to them. Feel free to pm with any questions. I will be glad to help. :cheers:

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-rules.php

Jason

Edited by jkatz44