Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AUTOCOMP--Temperature sensitive?

open17

Autocomp has been around for a while now. Anybody seen any temperature sensitivity

issues? I think it's about to become my Major 9 powder of choice, but after going

165.nuthin at area 2 with WSF (REALLY reverse sensitive!) I thought I would check

and see if the Autocomp has any temperature issues?

I haven't shot Autocomp in cold weather yet, but it's been very consistent. I've had it chronoed at matches in Albuquerque(high altitude, dry,100 degrees), Shreveport (low altitude,very humid about 90 degrees), and Nebraska (average weather). It was always right around 172pf.

I am in the same boat. Will be working up a load over the winter here for Autocomp.

Been a long time fan on WSF, but DRASTIC changes in PF from Northern New England to hot and sunny NV / AZ is forcing me to change.

I've shot it from the 90's to the 30's and so far no significant signs of temperature sensitivity.

I chronoed my 9mm major ammo both while it was cool and then sitting out in the sun/hot to the touch and found no indication of temp sensitivity as far as the chrono data went. Since We it doesn't get too cold here in SE AZ I was concerend more about being too hot than too cold.

Neal in AZ

I have had at least 10 chrono sessions which I have in a blacked out box containing (2) CED M2's from 47 degrees to 93 degrees and have not experienced any temperature sensitivity with AutoComp. I am running .38 SuperComp and in 2 difference Infinity IMM Open guns. It has been a great powder for me. I do have a 9 Major gun but have only chrono'd it a time or two. Make Major with 7.2gr behind a 124 JHP MG.

Lee

• 3 months later...

I have had at least 10 chrono sessions which I have in a blacked out box containing (2) CED M2's from 47 degrees to 93 degrees and have not experienced any temperature sensitivity with AutoComp. I am running .38 SuperComp and in 2 difference Infinity IMM Open guns. It has been a great powder for me. I do have a 9 Major gun but have only chrono'd it a time or two. Make Major with 7.2gr behind a 124 JHP MG.

Lee

Lee what's the bbl make and bbl length of your 9-major?

• 4 weeks later...

Lee

well thank you i'm going to double check this when i get home from AZ they chrono at 178 here out of my Wraith and 175 out of my trubor so going back to 20degree weather should give me a good idea :) my loads are 7.2grs with 124MG OAL 1.170