Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friendly Wheelgun USPSA Competition

And that's why shooting a revolver is so much fun.

My local club is running a simple man on man plate shoot in 22 cal.

There are 7 small steel targets. The flier recommends using an auto. Probably they've never heard of a 617.

I'm showing up with 2 and lots of ammo. One iron sights and one scope.

Thanks for the video.

Good Job. And fix those misfires.

George

Edited by GMM50

Robot,

I hate to say it, but you need different grips. You have no left hand support on the gun, and big hands + Jerry's grips - Jerry's strength equals a floppy muzzle. Consider going to Hogue rubber or bigger, there's no reason to let a .45 push you around.

Otherwise, practice getting your hand OFF the gun during a reload.

H.

Robot,

I hate to say it, but you need different grips. You have no left hand support on the gun, and big hands + Jerry's grips - Jerry's strength equals a floppy muzzle. Consider going to Hogue rubber or bigger, there's no reason to let a .45 push you around.

H.

Thanks for the advice. I hear you on the bigger grips. I do have the rubber hogue but I don't really like how the finger grooves force you to position the fingers in that specific spot. I have another set of Hogue smooth wooden grips that are larger than the Miculek smooth grips. I think I'll try that.

Also, I've changed my grip to a thumbs forward grip, which I used in Stage 5 (the first stage we started in) but not sure why I reverted to my old thumbs down grip for the other stages.

What do you mean by getting my hand off the gun during reload? do you mean the right hand? was I holding onto the gun longer than I should?

Robot,

H.

Thanks for the advice. I hear you on the bigger grips. I do have the rubber hogue but I don't really like how the finger grooves force you to position the fingers in that specific spot. I have another set of Hogue smooth wooden grips that are larger than the Miculek smooth grips. I think I'll try that.

Also, I've changed my grip to a thumbs forward grip, which I used in Stage 5 (the first stage we started in) but not sure why I reverted to my old thumbs down grip for the other stages.

What do you mean by getting my hand off the gun during reload? do you mean the right hand? was I holding onto the gun longer than I should?

Yep, ton of time to be found there, as soon as you have control with the left, get that right hand moving.

H.