Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI trigger bow with long flat insert.......

fastarget

I have the older version of the SVI trigger on my gun, I would like to equip my spare with the same but apparently the new SVI triggers no longer fit the polymer grips.

1. Can the new style trigger be made to fit sti grips without alot of work?

2. STI has a gunsmith blank trigger, I am assuming those can be adjusted to the length of what I use which is the long flat insert, is the STI trigger comparable in weight and feel to the SVI?

tx.

The STI gunsmith blank trigger can be shaped any shape you like and is lighter than the aluminum ones because it's plastic.

if that will work and is lightweight that would be fantastic since it is less than half the price of the svi assembly.

A long flat STI trigger is probably going to be heavier than a SVI due to that solid piece of plastic hanging out there. The SVI has a Ti trigger bow as well, so don't assume that plastic has to be lighter than Al.

so will the new style svi work in the sti polymer grip?

Thank you for the info and the link, Brownells has them in stock at the moment, I did run a google and found them at SSI for substantially less than Brownells , they are on special, 16 insert, 39 trigger base.

ordered 2 of each.

Now if the fitting is easy, that is going to put a big smile on my face :roflol:

• 2 weeks later...

A long flat STI trigger is probably going to be heavier than a SVI due to that solid piece of plastic hanging out there. The SVI has a Ti trigger bow as well, so don't assume that plastic has to be lighter than Al.

I weighed one of the SV triggers and theyre heaver than one might think just by looking at one.

OK, feelin scientific this afternoon.

SV ITS w/top curved insert 6.92 grams .244 oz.

top curved insert alone 1.07 grams .038 oz.

short curved insert alone 1.23 grams .043 oz.

STI long curved 6.33 grams .223 oz.

STI short curved 5.99 grams .211 oz.

STI gunsmith blank (out of package), 7.13 grams 2.52 oz.

If the blank trigger were to be fit to appoximate the SV with top curved, it would easily be lighter than the SV.

Interesting data, so they are all fairly light the most important aspect for me was getting the correct lenght trigger which was the long flat svi. However now I know the gunsmith blank will or at least can work.

It took a while to fit the svi trigger into the sti grip, blue and file, on both the trigger and the grip. I did not have anything fancier than some needle files, so that is what I used. Still have the other gun to convert.