Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Conversion

dskinsler83

I looked at changing a G35 to use 9mm for practice and some non-USPSA games and here is what I found. At a minimum, you have to change the barrel and the mags.

If you don't change the ejector, you may or may not have problems.

Some people recommend changing the ejector, but that means fiddling with the trigger assembly.

You may or may not have a problem with the firing pin spring weight.

You may or may not have a problem with the recoil spring weight.

If you want to swap from production to limited, then you will either have to forgo using a magwell or swap that on and off as well.

Basically, it works for some, doesn't work for others. Sound like more trouble than it's worth yet?

I have both a G35 and a G22 that have Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrels. I know of at least 6 others with the same LW conversions. All have run flawlessly. Swap the barrel and buy 9mm mags is it. Sights might be off a tad depending on the particular gun, but in most cases right on. I have about 7K rounds of 9mm with not a single malfunction.

I do have another G22 with a threaded conversion barrel and shooting subsonic suppressed, I did have to go to a lighter spring to maintain function.

Here is the conversion page at LW: http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=241

The conversion barrels by other manufacturer's have had reliability issues.

I would NOT go the other way.

Edited by MarkCO