Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 21 for Heavy Metal-What Mods?

DMAC

I'm thinking about shooting HM in an upcoming 3 Gun Match, just to try something different. The only .45 I have is a Glock 21. Have any of you shot a 21 for HM and if so, what modification have you made.

I shoot a 34 for Tac Optics and I purchased it used. I believe is has a 3.5# trigger, and different guide rod and spring. I installed Dawson Precision sights that work well for me as well as a SJC Magwell. It's never malfunctioned and I have no desire to shoot any other handgun for tac optics now.

Any suggestions for the 21? I'm also thinking about a nice custom 1911 or 2011, but I just want to try it first with the 21 while only spending a couple hundred on some minor mods before spending $2-3G on a new gun.

Thanks in advance for your input!

I also posted this is the Glock handgun section.

thus the reason we need some unified multigun rules, haha.

Thats a better answer, check the rules for the matches you are shooting :)

Thank you both for you responses. I am aware of this and this match will allow a .45 cal with 10 round limit (It is not limited to 1911 like some matches).

G21 is good to go at every major match on the circuit.

Superstition "used" to hold it to SS as did USPSA but both

now allow any 45.

My pistol of choice is the G21. Mods??? Sights (Dawson fixed), light weight connector from Lone Wolf,

grip tape (TruGrip) and a Seattle slug from Taylor Freelance.

I even game the hell out of my ammo choice....CCI Blazer 230 ball @ 190PF.

Patrick

now allow any 45.

My pistol of choice is the G21. Mods??? Sights (Dawson fixed), light weight connector from Lone Wolf,

Patrick

Thanks Patrick. This is along the lines of what I was thinking, but I needed some detail. I'm surprised that you can used the "fixed" sights. Some of the small steel knockdown plates at a distance can be challenging if your sights are off a little bit (at least for me)!

The best advice is to check the rules of the match concerning Heavy Metal. Some matches allow any .45ACP, others require a single stack gun. USPSA recently started allowing a Limited 10 legal gun, in .45 ACP only.

Very good advice. Some matches allow for only 8 rounds in the mags and some allow 10 rounds. Matches that allow only 8 rounds in the magazine would often times write "Single Stack Rule" but doesn't necessarily mean you have to use a Single Stack gun.

now allow any 45.

Patrick

Another good advice from the Heavy Metal's Champion. Patrick is definitely one to take advice from.