Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max Barrel Length For Limited Guns

yeahyeah

:huh: What I am wondering is, if there is a max. length for the limited and limited 10 class? Can you use an STI with a 6in.barrel or does it have to be a 5in., I don't see any 6in. barrels out at the range? For example, if they made a 6in. barreled EDGE would it be legal or not? Wouldn't a 6in. barrel be an advatage?

Sorry if this is a stupid question...it wouldn't be my first!

Yeah, a six inch is fine...in a gun with a six inch slide. Just not a six inch barrel in a five inch slide.

Appedix E

Limited Division

c) Any complete handgun or components produced by a factory and available to the general public for one year and 500 produced.

I've been shooting a longslide 6" for about 4 months now in L-10. I look at my 5", heavy dust cover, limited SV gun and started to say goodbye to it. I don't think I can go back to a 5" in Limited.........Now I have to get a 6" longslide in limited........oh well......its only money and ya can't take it with you......can you???

long slides won't fit the IPSC *box*. And who knows, maybe one of these days USPSA will modify Limited to match IPSC Standard Div.? Or you want to attend a match outside the USA? I guess one could always saw off barrel and slide...

--Detlef