Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about ordering ammo online

beltjones

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but this doesn't seem like a reloading topic, per se.

If I order ammunition online will it come in a box that says anything like "Ammunition Inside" or anything like that? I live in an apartment and most likely the girl at the office will sign for it, and I'm nervous about her freaking out. I also just don't like the idea of anyone knowing I have guns in my apartment (lest that gives them a reason to break in when I'm not at home).

Thanks guys.

It has to be tagged per UPS. I've ordered cases of ammo and the company just slaped a UPS label right on the box and the required ORM-D small arms ammo label and off it goes. I don't think there's any way for it not to be marked ammo.

I do this everyday - most of us dont put "steal me" or "evil munitions" stickers on it. All thats required is ORM-D which could mean its hairspray or the like.

Most folks have their return addresses sanitized as well - ours just says TDS and the address.

If your concerned send the company a note asking them to sanitize the delivery. They'll understand.......

All thats required is ORM-D which could mean its hairspray or the like.

Not completely accurate. The DOT regs state the proper nomenclature is "ORM-D Small Arms Ammunition" or ORM-D Cartridges, Small Arms". No other designation is compliant with DOT regs, which are specific to package labels.

Hairspray is to be shipped as "ORM-D Consumer Commodity".