Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughts on trigger replacement

foilhat

Any advice on replacing my trigger. I'm getting a trigger job done at the end of the month. I was thinking about having a new trigger installed. I was looking at the Infinity interlocking trigger. Should I go with the standard Infinity trigger, the Tri-glide, the Tri-glide system with sear spring and disconnector, or leave the stock Kimber trigger in it. I would like the trigger at 2 1/2 lbs.

Thanks,

Pat

after my match this weekend im going to attempt an install of the SVI ITS trigger in my SS gun. i too would like a better trigger pull, but im not sure I want to commit this particular gun to a 2#ish trigger pull, especially with thoughts of a new gun this winter. if you are going to have a smith work on it, ask him his opinions before you try anything yourself. he may be able to do a job on your factory parts for and get the same result as a new trigger or better for less money. the benefit (and intrigue for me) for the ITS trigger system is the ability to swap inserts and have a different feel, maybe finding something that will help my trigger control more.

Maybe ask the gunsmith who's doing the trigger ? Some of them have parts they like working with, and other stuff they wont work with.

I like my SV interchange triggers.

I sent a Email off to him last night. I like the idea of the Infinity, but I'm going to do what he thinks will work best. I was just wondering what people thought about this trigger system.

Thanks all for your input,

Pat :cheers:

I just bought a SS with a SV trigger and it has the top curve trigger in it. At first I thought that I wanted a little bit longer of a trigger but after this weekend I have decided to keep that insert in. I really like the idea of the trigger though.

I have a Kimber Team Match 1911, and I tried to replace the trigger on it with a STI aluminum unit, so I could remove a tiny bit of slop that was present (up and down).

Unfortunately, the STI part was crap. The bow was no where near finished, and the worst part was that it fit more loosely than the Kimber trigger in the gun. I returned it. I can live with .1mm of slop in that Kimber trigger for now.

If I do upgrade, it will be the SV units. However, even that won't happen unless I can be sure it will be large enough to be fit without a bunch of slop.

Ever since I put in the C&S super match kit, the trigger pull is so short and crisp that any trigger slop at all is really noticeable.

If I were you, I'd see what the gunsmith says about the fit of your current trigger, and whether a SV will fit better that what you have now.

My finger comes down from the top onto the trigger. So with a curved trigger I just did not get the right feel on my finger tip. With the flat trigger I can get the same contact point nearly everytime and I feel I have better trigger control with this set up. At least with the SVI system you can try different styles without having to break the entire gun down to do it.

Just know that the short curved is the shortest, short flat is as long as the medium curved, the medium flat is as long as the long curved, and the long flat is the longest of all. I've got them on all my guns and like them, but you do have to either alter the bow, or use an STI bow for an STI frame. R,

My finger comes down from the top onto the trigger. So with a curved trigger I just did not get the right feel on my finger tip. With the flat trigger I can get the same contact point nearly everytime and I feel I have better trigger control with this set up.

same exact reason why i use flat triggers.

Edited by Quack