Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People who claim to be your friend

BrianTN

So, a small group of people I thought were good friends are apparently spreading bad rumors about me behind my back. I have no idea where this came from, and thought I had a pretty good friendship with them for the past 2 years. I confronted one of them about it, but he wouldn't give me a reason why. What's worse is we started working in a new hospital I might apply to for residency. Hopefully the attending physicians I work with don't hear this stuff and have it affect them writing a letter of recommendation for me.

Guess it's time to find some new friends. And that's why I'm sitting at home on a Saturday night.

And it sucks I can't buy a pistol in Michigan, having just moved here. Can't wait to visit family back in TN this winter so I can pick up a Glock 21sf or a 1911.

Edited by BrianTN

Brian people come and go but true friends will be there forever. I count very few people in the FRIEND category and a lot of people that I know.

If you feel good about yourself that's what's important. If people spread lies just let them blow off you. You know they aren't true and so will your real friends.

Good luck and keep at it.

If they are talking about someone else in front of you, they are probably talking about you to someone else. this stuff happens to everyone. the only time it works, is when you get effected or emotional hurt by it. whats the saying, "If you want a friend get dog.." Not all people are this way. Everyone talks about everyone, so just grow some tough skin chief, and get some better friends. you will be alright.

Part of life is learning to identify the fragile, vain, and drama queens among us, and limiting your exposure to them.

Some folks just seem to live for the big story or event, and I choose not to be that topic of conversation.

Make like a duck and don't ever forget.

I worked with a couple of snakes years ago who wanted the job I had. They would go drink coffee or beer with every new boss we ever had and about a month later I would get sent to a different job. Funny thing, about 3 months later the new boss would want me back in my old position to pull his cajones out of the hot sand. The last boss was such a arrogant bastard I refused to move back. He was fired about 4 months after that. Sweet revenge.:cheers:

Pat