Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New member from behind enemy lines (Commiefornia)

Metalchemist

Hello:

I've been shooting handguns as well as rifles since I was 6.

I'm now 52, and showing my son (11) the ropes.

I've reloaded in the past but stopped a few years back, but have gotten back into it lately due to the amount of ammo that my son and I can go through in a given time period.

He'll shoot .22s for an hour or so but what he really wants to shoot is 5.56 (.223) or 7.62 (308) or 9mm.

Soon he'll be asking to shoot my 1911. In due time, I'll allow him to.

I'd like to get into IDPA shooting one of these days, and get my son into it also.

But I believe he's too young at the present time.

Made the mistake of taking my wife out shooting, Once she was comfortable she was out shooting the old man.

Now she's a regular.

Stumbeled upon this site while searching for reloading information, as I'm a information hound.

Being born and raised in California I have seen lots of changes happen. Most for the worst.

I am active in the political arena especally when gun rights are involved.

It seems like they are always trying to pass some other utterly stupid new gun law.

One of these days I'll move my family to free America.

Thank's

Acta Non Verba !

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.

Welcome and greetings from Texas. Start shooting IDPA or whatever organized shooting sport and take your son with you. You and he will be exposed to some of the greatest people you could ever hope to meet. Good luck, stay safe, and have fun.

George

Welcome to the forum. Any game is good, go out and shoot.

California has a very large competitive shooting scene despite the perceived anti-gun bias. In fact in the mostly anti-gun San Francisco Bay area we regularly have 70+ shooters at our clubs 2 monthly USPSA matches. The last 2 had over 90. In our area there is a USPSA match almost every weekend of the month within an hours drive and plus Steel Challenge, 3-gun, ICROE, Rimfire and IDPA.

Your son is not too young to start shooting competitively, there are lots of juniors his age in the sports. My daughter started shooting a .22 at steel matches when she was 11, at 12 she started shooting ICORE with me and now at 14 she on the Smith & Wesson shooting team.

Get out and get shooting.

Welcome and bring your son out to shoot with you. USPSA, IDPA, ICORE,,, whatever you can attend, see which you both like best and have fun. Also enjoy the short time you have before the kid starts beating you on a regular basis !!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the world of Practical shooting and to Brian's Forums. This place has helped me out a lot and everyone here is nice and very knowledgeable.

I see your in concord. The United Sportsman is in that area and they have a great range and you also can come down to Richmond. There are a lot of great shooters at Richmond and they are all very nice. Easy to fit in and talk to the more experienced shooters when your knew. What range are you planning at shooting at?

Just IDPA or are you going to shoot some USPSA/IPSC too?

Welcome to the world of Practical shooting and to Brian's Forums. This place has helped me out a lot and everyone here is nice and very knowledgeable.

I see your in concord. The United Sportsman is in that area and they have a great range and you also can come down to Richmond. There are a lot of great shooters at Richmond and they are all very nice. Easy to fit in and talk to the more experienced shooters when your knew. What range are you planning at shooting at?

Just IDPA or are you going to shoot some USPSA/IPSC too?

First of all, Thank You.

I've been a member of The Diablo Rod and Gun Club for @ 5 years and go there at least monthly. It's a great place and have met many like minded individuals.

My son participates in the Musketeers there also.

I was fortunate enough to accidentaly stumble upon a .50 cal shoot there.

After watching the competition some of the shooters asked if I'd like to try it.

I was able to shoot a Barrett, and a MacMillan. Gotta say I loved it. It was not like I had expected.

I can now check that off of my list of things to do before I die.

I'll have to look into the range in Richmond.

Thanks again.

I've been shooting up here in Redding for about a year and a half It's a great group if you want to come up for a uspsa match we are running 4-5 stages around 100 round count

I might take you up on that sometime.

I have a good friend that lives up that way and I really should go see him.

I'm going to (bite the bullet so to speak) and get involved with an IDPA group that shoots at the range that I go to, and are part of the gun club I belong to.

Get some experience so I don't embarass myself too much. :cheers:B)

No age limit in USPSA, if he can safely handle the gun.

I lived in California for a few years.

When I fired 15-16 rounds without reloading at the range, I noticed that I got some funny looks. So I started loading 10 at a time in the mags. :roflol: