Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Froglube? Anyone Use It?

aheadofthecurve

Today at the gunshow there was an individual hawking his product: froglube. I was, and still am, somewhat skeptical of its claims...but there is some chatter on the internet that seems to be positive. Does anyone use this stuff? What are your experiences? Is it as revolutionary as advertised?

Never heard of it.

Just Googled it, did some reading, and I kept thinking about cast iron cookware.. :roflol:

That being said, it says it's bio-degradable, which is fine and dandy, but I'd wonder how long it takes for it to break down and lose effectiveness.

But I don't think it'd hurt to try it.

• 2 months later...

After hearing about it from SIGSAUER, I figured it may be worth a try. I tried it and to my amazement, it does everything they say. To address the chemist vs SEAL point above, the Wright Bros invented the airplane, & we ended up with a revolutionary machine for air transportation. Now we listen to pilots to design the newest aircraft. MOST Gun lube is made primarily by oil companies who want to sell off the excess in the refinery that won't fit in a 55 gal drum. They Put it in a small package, put a cool logo on it and sell it to the gun lube market thru an outdoors or gun store. So where do the oil companies get the guidance to make MilComm, Breakfree, Tetra or any other commercial lube? Was it the SEALs? or any other Gun experts? No-they make it then sell it. So, if the SEALs helped develop it - it may be worth at least a try. After researching, I haven't heard of anyone whose tried it, then gone back to using petroleum products.

I stoled some out of TripleSingleStack's gun range bag. Used it on my Limited gun and works fine. However, I would like to try it in colder weather and see how it performs. Now if he would lay his bag down for a while I could grab some more.

I haven't tried it. I have sent my Sxx high $$$ limited gun in for evaluation (factory) after 5 yrs & 65k rounds using mobil 1 as a gun lube. I was told if the lube is being ejected off the back of the slide/frame it's not performing properly. Mobil 1 was my primary lubricant, it was ejected all over the rear of my slide and frame rails after several rounds were fired. I was instructed to cease using mobil 1 and use slideglide. I tried it and love it. I now use Slideglide exclusively, it stays on the rails and frame. Given the opprotunity I'll give froglube a trial 300 round evaluation. However with slideglide available in standard, light & heavy consistence I'll probably never go back to any other lube.