Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

does anyone reload there glock this way?

Mat Price

I am not sure if i have taught my self a bad habit. with little to no formal training I have always dropped the mag with my weak hand thumb just how I do i have always done it. in this learn as you go game of uspsa I have retained that technique but just sped it up. sometimes i can get a new out and up to my sight line before the ejected mag hit the ground. But i am wondering if i should be doing it differently to maybe improve my accuracy after a mag change.

could someone point me to a good video showing how it should be done.

Also when doing a mag change i have seen it done where the gun is in your line of sight pointed in the air at 45 degree angle would that be a 180 violation?

Mt

Edited by Mat Price

Using your support thumb for magazine release is a very valid approach. My first question is: do you have small hands that don't allow you to reach the release? Second: Do you have to significantly change your grip or juggle the gun to get to the release with your strong thumb? If the answer is yes to either or both of the questions, then your technique is a very valid method for you. I know several "strong shooters" B class and above that have small hands and use the support thumb magazine release technique. It may not be the fastest; however, if it works for you and you don't take a chance on dropping the gun(Dangerous and DQ) or having to re-adjust your firing grip (lost time) it may be the BEST and fastest method for YOU.

Edited by pvhendrix

I dont have small hands. in fact i have big bear paws. but for some reason I do have to change my grip significantly to change mags using my strong hand. I am going to try using a production legal ext mag release and keep practicing. as fast i am using this tech I think i can get faster and more accurate shots using the "correct method"

• 2 weeks later...