Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Avezorak, Slowly Improving...

Avezorak

Well today was a good day. I shot the Pistoleros match this morning. No video. I would up 5th overall out of 36 shooters and 3rd Limited out of 23. I felt pretty good about it since I havent shot at all in a month. I was pretty proud of my 1 stage win. Im looking forward to shooting pretty much every weekend from now until Area 4.

Congrats!!! :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea well right after my last post I got a new job, so the shooting alot plan didnt really pan out. With todays classifier, I moved to 59.10 in Limited. I guess that cool, I will still get to shoot in C class at Area 4.

Next Saturday is the USPSA match in Waco and the weekend after that is the classifier match in College Station. I wish I could shoot a little more before A4, but dryfire will have to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I shot 5 classifier stages at the Pistoleros match this morning. It was HOT! I shot my XDM in Limited and L10. Started out pretty slow. I installed some reduced power triggers springs in the M and the trigger took a little getting used to. After a couple stages, things started picking up and I would up shooting a couple of 70ish % classifiers. I have been on the brink of B for a while and this gave me the push over the top.

I will post exactly how I did after the scores get posted. All in all, it was great shooting with the Temple/Cove crew and my usual shooting buddies. As hot as it was, there is nothing else I would rather be doing!

On a side note, as I went to make ready on the next to last stage, I drew my gun and the rear sight was about to fall off. I reholstered and went to the safe area to repair. Then shot the best stage of the day! Glad it broke now instead of at Area 4 next weekend...

Come shoot the classifier in Buffalo next month. :cheers: Ill try. I might be ok if my sight stays on....

My wife in I will be on a cruise to all the Hawaiian Islands next month at that time. 10th year anniversary and my wife's _ _ birthday combined celebration. See you in October. ;)

I shot 5 classifier stages at the Pistoleros match this morning. It was HOT! I shot my XDM in Limited and L10. Started out pretty slow. I installed some reduced power triggers springs in the M and the trigger took a little getting used to. After a couple stages, things started picking up and I would up shooting a couple of 70ish % classifiers. I have been on the brink of B for a while and this gave me the push over the top.

I will post exactly how I did after the scores get posted. All in all, it was great shooting with the Temple/Cove crew and my usual shooting buddies. As hot as it was, there is nothing else I would rather be doing!

On a side note, as I went to make ready on the next to last stage, I drew my gun and the rear sight was about to fall off. I reholstered and went to the safe area to repair. Then shot the best stage of the day! Glad it broke now instead of at Area 4 next weekend...

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Well, I am just about recovered from my trip to Wichita Falls. Andrew and I drove up on Wednesday and shot the match on Thursday. It was very hot... I had been hydrating beforehand so I didnt fare too badly in the heat. We shot with a great group of R.O.'s, got to hang out with old friends and make some new ones. I can't say a whole lot about my match performance, except I didn't do nearly as well as I thought I would.

This was my first Level 3 match and only my 2nd real major. (3rd if you count the NTX section last year). I did much better than I have at the other majors. I really felt like my footwork and stage breakdown are coming together. Recently, I have been concentrating on accuracy and I thought it would all come together for me. It didn't. I wound up with a total of 120 points in penalties when all was said and done. I had 1 clean miss weakhand on the standards, 1 Mike and 1 NS weakhand on the standards, 1 shot through a hardcover port(Alpha on target) and everything else was about 1/2" to 1" into the hardcover on targets. No excuses, I just didn't do my job.

I am going to shoot L10 for a couple months until my major loads are used up and then its back to production for me. I haven't decided which gun I will use, my XDM and my G35 will both do the job. I got a new Briley barrel for the G35 so after I get it fit and get a new FO front sight for it, I might put in the work to make it be my go to gun for a while.

I am in the process of buying an M2 for multigun so my plans of an XDM 5.25 have been put on the back burner for now.

Anyway congrats to all those who placed at Area 4. My buddy Andrew brought home wood, Again......sandbagger..... Until later, here is my match video from the 2011 Area 4 Championship at Doubletap Ranch in Wichita Falls...

• 1 month later...

Well I pulled off "B" in Limited. Now Ive got to get serious if I want to keep up.

Ill be shooting my first 3 gun match on Sunday. Im pretty excited. I guess we shall see how it all comes out.

Congrats :cheers:

Thanks bud. Looking forward to shooting with ya soon.

I had an absolute blast at my first 3 gun match. Its kinda funny that the thing I had the most trouble with was the pistol. I should have some pics from the match up soon. I placed a lot better than I had expected to, 3rd out of 16 in Tac Optics. I was using borrowed gear, REALLY nice gear, I just hope I can remain consistent after I start using my own stuff. As can be seen in the results below, I have got a ways to go to make up the time between where I am and the top 2 places. We shall see what happens next month.

post-21130-0-06440800-1319632562_thumb.p

• 1 month later...

Well not much shooting lately. I shot the Glock match in San Antonio last weekend. First time Ive tried that. Accuracy is really important. I went into it with the goal of making top 20 in both divisions. I placed 18th in Cililian and 20th in Competition.

Im done with the Glocks for now. Im going to order an XDM 5.25 after the first of the year. Im playing in production next year.

Im gonna stick with the 9mm all next year and try to make A class in production. Im also looking forward to shooting more 3 gun next year. Ive got the Benelli all rigged out. All I need is to get the comp and optic for my AR and Ill be ready to go.

Looking forward to the 2012 season as being the best yet!