Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Avezorak, Slowly Improving...

Avezorak

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally went and did it. I have been talking for a few months about getting an XDM 5.25 tricked out for production and 3 gun and the chance to buy one arose last week and I was able to pounce on it. A good friend (you know who you are) decided to part with his Springer Precision XDM 9mm and I took it off his hands. I got it into my grubby palms yesterday morning and shot about 50 rounds through it. WOW! The trigger is awesome! 2.5#ish and very short and clean. Almost without exception, everyone who tried the trigger said "Damn, thats nice"

Im looking forward to using it to get my A card in production this coming year. I think it will bridge my USPSA production/3 Gun needs quite nicely. I might even shoot some Limited minor with it. 19 round factory mags make it easy to do that. Anyway, Im excited for this upcoming season and the shooting it will bring.

I will be helping to get a new Steel Challenge club up and running this next year, so that will be a lot of fun as well. Looking forward to seeing ya'll on the range next year!

• 4 months later...

Well I havent had a chance to shoot much here lately. Ive been working a lot and picking up a cool new toy here and there. Ive been dabbling in 3 gun, its a ton of fun, but pistol is still my first love. Looks like I will be getting to shoot a bit more here in the near future. Im helping to start a Steel Challenge club and a USPSA club. The first SC match will be this weekend so Im pretty stoked about that.

I got my rig re-set with the new Comp Tac mag pouches Im going to be using and did about an hour of dryfire. Its been 5 or 6 months since I have practiced at all and its gonna take a little while to knock the rust off.

Im really looking forward to the Double Tap Championship next month and Texas Limited in July. I wasnt sure whether work was gonna let me go or not, but it all seems to be working out. Im going to try to get in a little dryfire a few times a week and get to the range every week to get prepared for the upcoming matches.

As much as shooting them, I look forward to these large matches to see friends who I dont get to see very often. Hope to see a bunch of yall there!

• 1 month later...

Well Double Tap is in the bag. I feel like I shot well for not having been shooting much at all lately. I brought home 3rd "C" in Production which was my first wood (CRYSTAL) from a major match. Ill post my video below and if anyone sees anything jumping out that I could be working on, feel free to comment. I shot better points than I have in the past, but as usual, my times suffered. In the end I shot 58.10% of Matt Mink, so its a pretty close representation of my actual skill.

The things I will be woking on first and foremost are moving from position to position quicker and getting my first shot on target quicker. We will see how that works at TX Limited next month.

Edited by Avezorak

• 1 month later...

Well the Texas Limited is in the bag. It was a hot son of a gun! Hands down the hottest temps Ive ever shot in. But I survived and had a good time shooting with Squad 4, hanging out with old friends and making new ones. This is the first match Ive been to that I just havent felt like shooting. I was not in the mood, nor was I feeling very competitive. I didnt like feeling like that, but since I was there, I convinced myself to get in the groove.

I never could quite get fully interested and I shot better points than I ever have. I was still pretty slow from position to position and my transitions were horrible, but I only had 2 Mikes and 10 Deltas the whole match. That sounds like a lot, but I usually have quite a few more. I wound up as 1st C class Production edging out my buddy and main competition by only 4 points. I was able to watch a Master production shooter on our squad and I feel like I learned a couple things.

I still know what I need to work on, its just a matter of getting it done. My final score was 65% of the GM who won. Ill keep on plugging along.