Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Full Moon Clip carrier

Early IPSC'er

• 2 weeks later...

You can also try these. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page.

http://www.cpwsa.com/ready_tactical.htm

Ready Tactical products are made here locally in Alabama. The man who makes these is one of our local shooters. His equipment is top notch. Each part is hand formed each and every time. I have been using his gear since I started in IDPA.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am not sure. While I would like to have all three in front of the gun, the rules state that the third one must be behind the gun. Will they allow the change now that we have one stacked on top of the other so that their are still only two carriers up front...that is a good question. I hope so, but will have to wait for a sanctioned match to find out. I will have the spare carrier for the one in the back in case they insist on it.

Another question...The ready tactical moonclips holders appear to hold the clips by one cartridge in front and one cartridge in back...do my eyes decieve? If not how is this legal? It says moonclips must be retained by three or more cartridges. North mountain and calcomps are four shells touching the frame. It appears this rule was made to disqualify the super cool bladetech design.

I just started playing around with ESR, but I found the North Mountain carriers far superior to the Ready Tactical carriers. Almost everyone who shoots ESR and /or USPSA revo with me uses North Mountain, except one guy who like the TK Custom carriers.

I too am curious if I can legally wear a double and a single in front of the holster - if the concern is concealment, I don't see why not.

under ammunition carrier notes pg 32 of current IDPA rulebook

number 2

two full speedloaders/moonclips maybe worn directly in front of the holster and they must be positioned as close to the holster as possible.

one additional may be worn behind the centerline on either the right or left side for a total of three speedloader/moonclips on the belt

the rule addendum adds

addition to rule page 39

number 2 the speedloaders in front of the holster must be within 1 inch of each other and the one nearest the holster must be within 1 inch of the holster

the rule book and the addendum states speedloaders/moonclips, not carriers.

I use a modified double stack north mountain and wear only it in front of the holster with a single on my left side

under ammunition carrier notes pg 32 of current IDPA rulebook

number 2

two full speedloaders/moonclips maybe worn directly in front of the holster and they must be positioned as close to the holster as possible.

one additional may be worn behind the centerline on either the right or left side for a total of three speedloader/moonclips on the belt

the rule addendum adds

addition to rule page 39

number 2 the speedloaders in front of the holster must be within 1 inch of each other and the one nearest the holster must be within 1 inch of the holster

the rule book and the addendum states speedloaders/moonclips, not carriers.

I use a modified double stack north mountain and wear only it in front of the holster with a single on my left side

Well that's about as clear as can be - I didn't notice that the book specified loading devices, not carriers. Thanks.