Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's the big deal about a shorter case?

AzShooter

Next time I go to the range and if I can repeat the feat I will post a picture just for you. :cheers:

A 16 rd (2 cylinders full) group would be more meaningfull. My 627-5 with 6" PC barrel puts my short load into 5" at 50 yds. No bragging rights there, but my 6" 14-7 will put the same load into 2". Go figure. Both rested with optics.

So be it, it will be 2 cylinders full all in the name of science. Now if I could get Carmoney's Ransom Rest that would be the real test. :)

Edited by revoman

For me, there is less of a case/moonclip to eject from the gun in a real time situation. I have had full 38 Special cases/moons get hung up when I am going at full speed whereas with the Short colts I have not been able to make it happen again.

This is at a reload intensive match, such as the PSA Shootout, in which you are doing 4-8 reloads off the table, belt or whatever you want to do. In shooting the IRC the last two years with Shorts I have not had an ejection problem as well.

I know for myself, I can reload the Shorts faster moonclipped with a true roundnose bullet than I can Specials with the same bullet. I went out with the timer and ammo and tried it. This is true for myself, but may not be the same for anyone else.

Of course with all the money I have tied up in Short colt brass and Hearthco moons it would be silly to say anything otherwise too..... :cheers:

DougC

Well spoken Doug!! B)

Next time I go to the range and if I can repeat the feat I will post a picture just for you. :cheers:

A 16 rd (2 cylinders full) group would be more meaningfull. My 627-5 with 6" PC barrel puts my short load into 5" at 50 yds. No bragging rights there, but my 6" 14-7 will put the same load into 2". Go figure. Both rested with optics.

So be it, it will be 2 cylinders full all in the name of science. Now if I could get Carmoney's Ransom Rest that would be the real test. :)

You're welcome to borrow my Rest anytime!

You're welcome to borrow my Rest anytime!

Does Doug C still have it?

Not sure, actually. I think it's back in my basement. You gotta watch that Doug C, he'll just keep stuff until you ask for it back! ;) My 11-87 slug gun went missing for several years once, until I finally thought to ask Doug whether he had it. Sure enough, there it was, right there in his safe!

Not sure, actually. I think it's back in my basement. You gotta watch that Doug C, he'll just keep stuff until you ask for it back! ;) My 11-87 slug gun went missing for several years once, until I finally thought to ask Doug whether he had it. Sure enough, there it was, right there in his safe!

Next time I am that direction I will give you a call.

Thanks

Dean

Next time I am that direction I will give you a call.

Thanks

Dean

Are you coming to Milan on the 23rd?