Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reply to a topic...

Pat Miles

I've noticed that once in a while when I reply to a topic and then after posting the reply the particular topic with my reply ends up as far down as the second page. This after posting the reply and then clicking on "View New Content". Not a big bug but curious why.

Pat

Glad somebody else mentioned this. I felt like I was being too picky about the VNC not working very well so I just live with it. The thing that bugs me the most is getting a PM that says something about a recent thread and I have to do a manual search to find the thread. It never comes up in VNC. I'm always wondering how much I am missing since, for me at least, VNC is not bringing up new content all the time.

Edited by Sarge

I just replied to "Home Range Construction". I can see it on page 6 as well as page one. :surprise:

I did show all as read last night and did view new contact this morning.

I often find the same thread on multiple pages.

I usually view the forums on Firefox.

This is documented in the link in my post, 2 posts above. The bottom line, at this time, for a forum as large as ours, we really need to have the Sphinx search engine running, because it returns approx. 85% more accurate search results than Traditional search does. But there is a bug with VNC and My Content with Sphinx, in that it occasionally returns duplicate Topics. So ignoring the occasoinal duplicate Topic in VNC or My Content is our compromise so we can run Sphinx as the board's main search engine.

be