Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

don't shoot club matches?

ErikW

I personally am only able to shoot 2-3 matches monthly. I have a 2 hr drive in any direction to shoot. Fortunately the competition usually consist of some of the best in the state of TX. I now shoot Prod class about 90% of the time. Occasionally I will shoot limited.

I dry fire 5 days a week and practice live fire 2-3 times a week. I try to practice daily before big matches.

I know several shooters who shoot 3 matches a week, but I tend to get burned out. The last big match I shot I took 6 weeks off(no shooting). I just could not make myself do it. Two days before the match I picked up my gun and practiced twice a day and dry fired several times a day. When I got to the match the rust was gone and all movements flowed. It made me want to shoot.

it wasn't an IPSC match ,but it was a class win. Now I feel like shooting again.

I know the feeling, I shot every weekend this year and just about every big match within Area 7 and 8 along with nationals. I have a couple club matches and a 3 gun yet, then it's time for a couple months of sitting my butt in a tree stand and waiting for bambi to walk by. Sometimes you just need to take the time off and relax. Hell I might even get to see the wife once or twice before I start all over again next year!