Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accurate "Data Powder 2200"

dabeaven

I have recently purchased some Accurate "Data Powder 2200" and I am seeking reloading data for this stuff in 5.56 ammunition and 308 if applicable. Accurate has very limited information and I am wondering if there are other sources for safe, accurate, and reliable information for reloading this stuff. I know that I should not start with the powder, but at $30 for 16 pounds it just couldn't be passed up. Powder is in original containers and had the sealed paper on the top inside the plastic cap.

There are four or five load options on the Accurate site, is anyone aware of additional information for this powder?

Thanks,

Don

I have loaded 16 lbs of this powder and i use 22grns in lc .223 brass. I hope this helps

Thanks for the reply!

What kind of velocitys and accuracy did you get and what bullet was used. Was it off of the Accurate data sheets or from somewhere else?

Thanks,

Don

I have used it in .223 also and it seemed to be decent. It was originally made as a powder for 7.63x39 so I have been saving what I have left for loading that. I think it can be used for .308 but only with lighter bullets. Accurate shoudl still haev data on the website.

Neal in AZ

That powder is terrible! I'll send you my address so you can send it to me to dispose of properly... :roflol:

I have shot about 70 pounds of the stuff. These are my loads from a 18" JP Supermatch barrel:

Sierra 69 grain MatchKing, LC Brass, WSR primer, 21.4 grains of AA2200 loaded to 2.250" OAL yields 2752 fps and .4" 100 yard groups. Change bullet to a 55 grain Win FMJ and 23.0 grains AA2200 yields 3048 fps and .6" groups at 100 yards. Change bullet to a 50 grain Nosler BT and 23.5 grains AA2200 yields 3200 fps and .2" groups at 100 yards.

That powder is terrible! I'll send you my address so you can send it to me to dispose of properly... :roflol:

I have shot about 70 pounds of the stuff. These are my loads from a 18" JP Supermatch barrel:

Sierra 69 grain MatchKing, LC Brass, WSR primer, 21.4 grains of AA2200 loaded to 2.250" OAL yields 2752 fps and .4" 100 yard groups. Change bullet to a 55 grain Win FMJ and 23.0 grains AA2200 yields 3048 fps and .6" groups at 100 yards. Change bullet to a 50 grain Nosler BT and 23.5 grains AA2200 yields 3200 fps and .2" groups at 100 yards.

That information is very helpful! I apologize for the late response but I am new to the forums and have a little difficulty getting around. I posted another inquiry today and disclosed my trial load data and they are in the same ballpark as yours. However, I have not had an opportunity to sail them. Hopefully that will happen next Saturday as I have joined the Lexington Sportsman's Club and attend orientation at 9:00 am; that last about two hours and it doesn't get dark until around 8:00 pm.

I do have some other 223 rounds that need to be emptied as they are getting a little old.

It doesn't happy very often but I ran upon 3 cans of Lake City (840 rounds) packed in bandoleers and on stripper clips for $75.00 total. That was about four years ago. Looked very similar to what was delivered to us in Vietnam in the late 60's. I was an E-5 11 Bravo (Infantry)and served in I Corps.

Again,thanks for the load data and the reply.

Regards,

Don

Thanks for the reply. I have loaded

20 rounds of 62 FMJ Kaje City@20g

20 rounds of 62 FMJ Lake City@21g

15 rounds of 52 HPBT Sierra Match@22g

Going to go poke holes tomorrow and see what the results are and measure the speed on a chronograph. They appear to be in the same ballpark as what you sent and I appreciate the response.

Thanks,

Don

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi fellas,

I know this is an older thread but does anyone still have some DP2200 ? I'm new to the AR world and have a left handed Stag 7h in 6.8 spc and it seems that DP2200 or AA2200 is

the perfect powder for this rifle. It is just about impossible to find right now and I got coyotes howling at me every night !

If anyone has some they would sell or know where I could find it, it would be appreciated. Thanks, PostalBound

I loaded 32 pounds of 2200 up a few years ago. It shot well and brought down my 55 grain plinking ammo costs.

Last two jugs I saw were at a Gun Show in Las Cruces, NM about four months ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...