Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm XD or XDM

M ammo

I'm re-working some pistol stuff, for the Son and the wife.

They like the XD

I feel silly,, for not knowing,

The XDM,,, is it just magazine capacity and the grip, size change that is different?

I like 19+1 that will help me make up my mind,,

what's the big difference?

The XDM has interchangable backstraps for a more custom fit to your hand. The full size has a 4.5" barrel vs the 4" service or the 5"tactical so thats a wash. The slide is a little heavier on the XDM and the trigger is a little better out of the box. Those are some of the biggest differences

With that said, I cant feel any similarity between my XD9 service and my XDM 40 4.5. They feel like totally different guns, which they are. The mag capacity is cool if you are shooting limited but doesnt make much difference if shooting production.

Whichever you go with, I would recommend new sights, recoil spring and a trigger job. Happy shooting...

The XDM has interchangable backstraps for a more custom fit to your hand. The full size has a 4.5" barrel vs the 4" service or the 5"tactical so thats a wash. The slide is a little heavier on the XDM and the trigger is a little better out of the box. Those are some of the biggest differences

With that said, I cant feel any similarity between my XD9 service and my XDM 40 4.5. They feel like totally different guns, which they are. The mag capacity is cool if you are shooting limited but doesnt make much difference if shooting production.

Whichever you go with, I would recommend new sights, recoil spring and a trigger job. Happy shooting...

The Pistol will be shot in 3 Gun matches the most, so High Cap is better,,

Outlaw rules for the most part, so 9mm works just fine,,

I plan on trigger job's... and sights,,, later on,,

the grip!!! how small can it get??????

My son and wife, need small grips,,

I'll have to try to find a gun shop that has both in stock and handle them,,

Thank you for the info!!

The #1 (smallest) is smaller than the regular XD. I like a small grip and thats what I run. If you get mag extensions, spend the xtra money for Canyon Creek. My .40 extensions run 100%.

I used to love the XD until the XDM came out and now its my favorite kinda koolaid. Definatly handle both and buy either with confidence. SA makes a great product.

I got the XDM in 9mm,,, and have to say,, I like it,,

I like my Glocks too,,, but the grip on the XDM fits real good!

and the 19 rnd mags right out of the box are nice too.

good for 3 gun it is still a trigger and grip saftey,,,

Someone at Springfield has been paying attention!

Jim M ammo

My youngest son (Luke,14 now) is of the same thinking of Larry...I have both the XD 9 Tactical and the XDM in 9mm. Luke thinks the XD 9 Tactical feels better/smaller so hence he likes the better. I did send both pistols back to Springer Precision and had trigger and sight improvments done so that is not an issue. For the Tactical I bought the Pistol Gear magazine extensions because we both shoot 3 gun too (now 21 rounds in the magazines).

When you find a shop with both pistols please take "all" the shooters along...of course you just might come home with both! No, that is not a bad thing!

Hope this helps,

RLTW,

Scott

My youngest son (Luke,14 now) is of the same thinking of Larry...I have both the XD 9 Tactical and the XDM in 9mm. Luke thinks the XD 9 Tactical feels better/smaller so hence he likes the better. I did send both pistols back to Springer Precision and had trigger and sight improvments done so that is not an issue. For the Tactical I bought the Pistol Gear magazine extensions because we both shoot 3 gun too (now 21 rounds in the magazines).

When you find a shop with both pistols please take "all" the shooters along...of course you just might come home with both! No, that is not a bad thing!

Hope this helps,

RLTW,

Scott

I was only able to make the trade,, for one pistol,, we got the XDM in 9mm.

we all like it!

I'll still shoot my, G 34 and G 35,,

but the wife and kids,,,

Love the XDM,,, they can get thier hands around it!

I will be getting another one,,

Jim M ammo

Jim,

That is great...now go and melt it down if you can:-)

Enjoy,

Scott

I'm slow this morning,,,, ((now go and melt it down if you can:-)>>>>>????

I have a wood burner,, and I do my own grip,,, melting,, on my Glock's and other plastic,, guns is that what you mean??

MONDAY,,, ooooo