Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a case to fly with 4 long guns...

XRe

I need to help my brother find a gun case suitable for airline transit that'll hold 4 long guns and possibly a couple of handguns. He'd like to get it done in one case, if possible. I've nosed around some things - looks like perhaps the Pelican 1770 might work? I haven't seen one up close, though. Any suggestions? He'd prefer a sturdy case that could be used temporarily for security purposes (against the kids, not thieves) until he gets a safe worked out, etc...

I have a Starlight 061352 that has 2 layers inside separated by a thin piece of foam. I can see getting 4 non-scoped guns pretty easy but that bugger would weigh a few pounds for sure.

You might be able to get a scoped & non scoped gun in each layer but I think it would be tight.

Edited by warpspeed

flying with that much hardware would make me real nervous with airline sticky fingers. people are going to know what you have in the case and even if its locked up that doesn't mean the whole thing wont disappear.

Check Cases to go.Weapons cases.Pelican 1700 is good. 2 guns probably most you can get. If you want to keep them together-need longer case. If flying active military to from duty-airlines waive length and weight restrictions. If not-two 1700 case with foam and breaking guns down is the way to go. Very easy to sell once in place, also. Get the 8" deep, it will stand on end while you drink you coffee.

flying with that much hardware would make me real nervous with airline sticky fingers. people are going to know what you have in the case and even if its locked up that doesn't mean the whole thing wont disappear.

I'm with J-Rob on that one. Way too easy. Check the airlines limits of liability; it may change your mind.

But, if you must, Pelican; 1750 would likely work well. Academy has them for $209 with foam. Immediate fix with no shipping. :cheers: