Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which muff has bigger cup? MSA sordin or Pro Ears?

Torogi

i just turned into the dark side and it helps alot if i double plug. i lost my Howard Leights Electronic muff, i set it aside one time because it was a little uncomfortable then just lost track where it is now.

I think i prefer a bigger cup, i dont know which one has, i have bigger than regular size adult ear, just a little bigger not extra huge :huh:

any input will be appreciated. thanks!

I use the MSA's and really like them. I did replace the pads with gel pads and that makes for a nice seal with loads of comfort. I made the switch to Open and also double plug. To answer your question, I think the MSA's are a little smaller than the Pro Ears.

i was really leaning towards the MSA sordin supreme pro, i've heard so many good things about it. for PRO EARS im not sure yet what to get yet. Gold is more expensive but is rated higher in reducing noise.

I have a set of Sordin Supreme Pros with the gel cups and they're definitely a bit on the small side. I don't have big ears, but my Peltor Tactical Pros have larger cups...they're also just generally more comfortable, even without gel seals. I will say that the electronics work better on the Sordins, no question. R,

Chris,

Do you have the new version of the gel pads.

H20-10 Gel Filled Ear Seal (non-ENC)

Model Number: 40243G-05

Oversized, contoured gel ear seals provide outstanding comfort and noise protection. Ear seals are designed only for replacement to Model H20-Series headsets.

Sold In Pairs.

Chris,

Do you have the new version of the gel pads.

H20-10 Gel Filled Ear Seal (non-ENC)

Model Number: 40243G-05

Oversized, contoured gel ear seals provide outstanding comfort and noise protection. Ear seals are designed only for replacement to Model H20-Series headsets.

Sold In Pairs.

I'm not really sure Paul! The invoice and card says it's part no. 60092, and was a hygiene kit. They definitely make a difference, but the overall fit (mostly the band) is a bit tighter and starts to wear on me after a couple of hours...much more than the Peltors...go figure. R,

I had them on today and ran 3 or so Open shooters. Nary an issue. My whole ear and more were inside the cup, but I do not have Dumbo ears, regardless of WHATMEWORRY says.

which one you had on? MSA or Pro ears? i know you have both.

I have the MSAs and got the gel cups. Like the ear protection but it never fails my hair gets tangled in the exposed wire of the headband, where it connects to the muffs. I keep it pulled back into a pony tail when shooting, but the shorter whispy pieces come out and get tangled and I ultimately break it trying to get it loose.

I know you guys don't care much about that, :yawn: but just in case there is another lady shooter lurking....

I use my MSA almost exclusively. I had them on at the time of the practices session.

Interesting enough, I used my Pro Ears the next day because I forgot my MSAs. The ear cup is smaller on the Pro Ears. I had to double plug as I was shooting an AR with comp. I needed my MSAs.

Truth be told, I have 2 pairs of MSAs. I some problems with one pair. Sent them to MSA, I got excellent service. Multiple emails informing me of the status during the entire repair process. I need to buy another pair of gel cups for the repaired muffs.

The Pro Ears were the best before MSA arrived. But my Dillons got used the most except around Open guns. Both the Dillon and PRo Ears lack the protection I get from the MSAs with gel cups.

I have the MSAs and got the gel cups. Like the ear protection but it never fails my hair gets tangled in the exposed wire of the headband, where it connects to the muffs. I keep it pulled back into a pony tail when shooting, but the shorter whispy pieces come out and get tangled and I ultimately break it trying to get it loose.

I know you guys don't care much about that, :yawn: but just in case there is another lady shooter lurking....

Hey thanks for sharing that small important info, i keep my hair long, got tired of going to my barber every month :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I missed out on a MSA sordin on classifieds a week ago, so when a PRO EAR mag gold came up for grabs, i took it. got it today and i'll probably test it on an indoor range this weekend. See how it performs on my open gun, just the muffs, and with plugs on.