Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Howdy from Hill County TX

1hole

Looks like a wealth of information here. Don't know if I will ever shoot match, never know though.Found this site quite by accident. Was looking for parts for my 70 series Mk IV and found it.

Hope you don't mind me hanging around. Heck, shooting match may be a possibility. In the meantime, still like to get opinions on gear.

There is a pretty big gun show in Houston next weekend I plan to attend. Any one there would probably recognize me. I'll be the middle-aged guy with the "kid in the candy store" expression on my face! :surprise:

thanks,

1hole

Welcome, Amigo. I started attending matches as a spectator, until I decided to take the plunge and get down to business with my 1911. Been shooting competition and at work since 1998.

Opinions around here are many and varied when it comes to gear. Most of us have a Craftsman toolbox full of holsters, magazines, optics, belts, and pretty much whatever you'd like to try, so ask around and try before you buy. If you ever shoot with River City Shooters in San Antonio, I can hook you up.

Enjoy!

USBP379

Cool, I'll go.

Thanks for the heads up.

It turns out that all of the gunshows are in Houston the same weekend we shoot BAPS. I only get to go if the match rains out! I haven't been for a couple of years.

Edited by sidnal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if I will ever shoot match, never know though.... In the meantime, still like to get opinions on gear.

Go to the nearest match and be a "spectator." Don't forget to bring your gun, a holster, some magazines and ammo.

The best view of the match is always from behind the gun. :devil:

i watched a match about a year ago. shot the next one at my local range with my 45acp. in the past year i bought a few different guns and shot them in matches. im now shooting open and love it. if you like to shoot you will love this sport. just give it a chance.